Codeine represses, best news in a while

Var will be pleased.::

from ATP site

"These are Codeine's first public performances since 1994. We are performing to celebrate the release of WHEN I SEE THE SUN - the reissues of all our music by the esteemed NUMERO GROUP, of Chicago, Illinois, coming in the spring of 2012. The 3 albums will be released as vinyl double albums, which will include compilation tracks, 4 track demos, peel sessions, and entirely heretofore unreleased songs. The six albums will also be released as a limited edition boxed set, possibly with a bonus 7-inch. Our hope is to make our music and legacy available to all who are interested. To spotlight this release, we will be performing a very limited series of concerts in the US, UK and Europe. Please stay tuned for more details; inquiries may be directed to [email protected]. Thank you, again, very much for your interest."

This show features the original line-up of Stephen Immerwahr, John Engle, and Chris Brokaw.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This sounds amazing! Would definitely love to grab the box of this but I'm not seeing anything from Numero themselves about it - online anyway. I keep track of all of Numero's upcoming releases and usually they project a year out from any given date in terms of what they have in the pipeline - while Ken Shipley has said in a PF interview that he'd eventually like to tackle early 90's indie rock after their sources for rare soul dry out, I didn't think they'd be doing it this soon. Again, I'm stoked to see this is happening, but slightly skeptical until word from the Numeros themselves makes it official.

Numero just released their subscriptions listings for the first half of 2012 (going through June) and the Codeine LP's aren't on there despite previous reports of a May release (and again, these reports are coming from everywhere BUT the label itself). Thinking this may be getting pushed back to the second half of 2012 releases if it's happening at all.