eBay Loses

dante3000

Not sure if this thread exists elsewhere, but I know there are threads about what you bought and what you won, but what about "the one that got away"? Who here lost something in the last minutes that they desperately wanted (key word is "want" hence why it's under this section)?

I just got out bid on copies of Paint it Black's Paradise and CVA. It was $20 into the last minute and I bid up to $48 and still lost. Almost as infuriating as the copy of "Cuban Ballerina" that jumped $20+ in the last minute.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck sniping. I put it what I'm willing to pay and walk away. If somebody wants to pay more than I'm willing and/or able, fine; they win.

As far as shit jumping at the last minute it pisses me off almost as much when I win an item that jumps as it does when I lose one.

See I used to do that but I notice the earlier an item has a bid on it, the higher the price usually goes. It's always odd to me when I see an item that's at like $91 with five days left. I know it's just going to get insane (see copies of Goddamnit!). Even it it's like $15 but there's 5 bid, I know it's just going to get too rich for my blood.

Fuck sniping. I put it what I'm willing to pay and walk away. If somebody wants to pay more than I'm willing and/or able, fine; they win.

As far as shit jumping at the last minute it pisses me off almost as much when I win an item that jumps as it does when I lose one.

See I used to do that but I notice the earlier an item has a bid on it, the higher the price usually goes. It's always odd to me when I see an item that's at like $91 with five days left. I know it's just going to get insane (see copies of Goddamnit!). Even it it's like $15 but there's 5 bid, I know it's just going to get too rich for my blood.

True, with higher priced stuff I usually stand back and wait before I put in my max bid. However, more of the obscure emo/hardcore stuff I bid on seems to not get so much action and I can win with my first bid.

the other day it REALLY pissed me off when i was sniped on a They Might Be Giants promo 12" test press. mother went for like $16. i totally didnt bid high enough.

the twisting single test press? flood has a theory that those only exist in test pressing form. i'm inclined to believe him b/c i've never seen it in non-test press form.