eBay Loses

dante3000

the other day it REALLY pissed me off when i was sniped on a They Might Be Giants promo 12" test press. mother went for like $16. i totally didnt bid high enough.

the twisting single test press? flood has a theory that those only exist in test pressing form. i'm inclined to believe him b/c i've never seen it in non-test press form.

thats the one. i checked up on the TMBGwiki and there are cds pressed but the only info for a 12" was the test. have you seen it pop up before? i really want one bad.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously....i dont understand what everyone is complaining about. If you really want the item, put a higher maximum bid. The fact that the person bids right at the last minute doesn't change the fact that they were willing to pay more for the item.

Don't get me wrong, I have gotten outbid at the last minute, but I usually curse the fact that they were willing to pay more than me, not that they bid right at the end.

Anyone with me at all?

I hope some people on here are familiar with the show, Arrested Development...

Last week, an auction ended for an original deck of cards that Gob used as a prop on the show. However, I didn't feel like paying $120+ FOR A DECK OF CARDS even though I love the show and his character. I shudder to think how much his magic bouqet of flowers will go for this week...

I hope some people on here are familiar with the show, Arrested Development...

Last week, an auction ended for an original deck of cards that Gob used as a prop on the show. However, I didn't feel like paying $120+ FOR A DECK OF CARDS even though I love the show and his character. I shudder to think how much his magic bouqet of flowers will go for this week...

i want the banana stand

I usually put in the max that I will pay, but I try and wait to the last day. It seems to me that the earlier people start bidding, the higher it gets.

File Under Black on orange was the bane of my ebay bidding for a long time. It rarely showed up and I always seemed to lose it in the last few minutes.

I don't put in the max bid and let it ride because many people have the mentality that the earlier an item starts seeing bids the more its worth. Bidding the day of or a week before has been the difference in something selling for $20 or $70. I've watched copies of "Duh" go for $40 or $78, and None More Blacks 7" go for $30 or $71 depending on when bids are placed. It's a strange game.

so someone with the same mentality as you who waits till the last minute but decides to pay more than you is a 'sniper' but you aren't?

I never complained about "snipers". If someone gets in at the last minute it kind of sucks but that's life (I typically enter my max bid anyhow).

What's upsetting is when an item is like $20 up to the last few seconds and then skyrockets $40+. It just bums me out.

I watched people get in a bidding war over "Irony is a Dead Scene" and jump it up $60 in the last minute. It's just like, "well, nevermind then".

so someone with the same mentality as you who waits till the last minute but decides to pay more than you is a 'sniper' but you aren't?

I never complained about "snipers". If someone gets in at the last minute it kind of sucks but that's life (I typically enter my max bid anyhow).

What's upsetting is when an item is like $20 up to the last few seconds and then skyrockets $40+. It just bums me out.

I watched people get in a bidding war over "Irony is a Dead Scene" and jump it up $60 in the last minute. It's just like, "well, nevermind then".

yeah ive noticed this happens a lot with Against Me! and Alkaline Trio stuff( or maybe thats the only time ive seen it), Ive been wanting to get a copy of the halloween 7" for a while and it always jumps last minute

i dont really hold anything against people waiting until the last minute, as i usually try to wait at least until the last few hours. its just a matter of sitting there, with your high bid well over the current bid, thinking that youve got this record for sure, and then at the last second its stolen away from you. its a total kick in the balls.

i dont really hold anything against people waiting until the last minute, as i usually try to wait at least until the last few hours. its just a matter of sitting there, with your high bid well over the current bid, thinking that youve got this record for sure, and then at the last second its stolen away from you. its a total kick in the balls.

The worst is when my crappy laptop drops the internet connection and i lose out on something i really wanted and even worse is it going for really cheap. has happened a few times in the last few months

I know! I missed out on some girls' "heaven's pregnant teens" because of this.

Today I missed out on Daniel Johnston's "1990" because it ended up going for almost $70, last night it was at $16.

recently:

~ strike anywhere fat club 7"

~ chuck ragan los felix pre-order 7"

~ rumbleseat "picker/moonshiner" 7"

~ rumbleseat "California burritos" 7"

~ jawbreaker "dear you" 2xLP

~ tool "salival" box set

because i can't buy stuff when i haven't even done my christmas shopping yet.