Shipping to canada?

Hey I just had a question I was hoping someone here could help me answer due to the fact that I don't have a post office or mailing scale at my ready.

I'm shipping a record (which is a bit heavy due to the double lp and hefty gatefold) and I don't wanna keep the guy waiting on an invoice so i was looking for a ballpark estimate from someone else who's shipped a double lp from the us to ca. If it ends up costing me a few more than what I quote him - big deal, I'll cover it. I just wanna get his record out asap so a general shipping quote to invoice him with would be great.

also, in the past I've sent internationally via USPS and the post office wouldnt let me do delivery confirmation (they said the customs number could be used to track it UNTIL it hit customs but that then there was no way to locate it) so Im wondering if theres some alternative service that would allow tracking across the border from my hands to his doorstep.

Of course, I already plan on covering insuraning fees outta my pocket because it cost him a chunk of change and Id hate for something to happen to it in the post. I'll also cover any other extra shipping services that ensure the safest arrival. I only plan to invoice him for the base shipping costs, all the extras Ill pay for due to the fact that it would suck for both of us if anything happened. So yeah, main question, in your opinion whats the most affordable and reliable way to ship to canada and are there any other special services I should add to the shipping to ensure that his record arrives safe and sound?

Also, can you ship media mail outside of the us?

Thanks for you guys response, I woulda just calculated it over at usps but i dont know the dimensions nor the wait and just getting a general idea would save me a trip to the post office for a quote, and save him a day that would otherwise be spent making the payment and me having to ship out the next day.

Thanks so much guys, I appreciate your feedback on this highly.

I've order many records from the States to Canada and usually the price sticker indicates it between $7-9 depending on the weight and packaging.

Can sometimes get a little over $9 and standard shipping is OK. Things always come here in good shape under 3 weeks.

Dimensions of LP boxes are 13" x 13".

I just invoiced him at $9 to be sure it covered base shipping costs and then agreed to ship out for the records price plus quoted shipping, so, I guess if its any more than that I'll just go ahead and pay outta pocket. Sending a new invoice for exact shipping after taking it to the post to get an exact quote would be a lot more wasteful im my eyes- taking up both of our time - whereas shipping it out for $9 will get it out faster and if I lose a couple of bucks outta my pocket to pay for registered/insurance or whatever the most fitting precautionary service is, so be it. Thanks for the responses guys!