filled up the expedit, now what?

[image]

oh nice.

that'll save me $10 on legs.

i think i'll roll with this setup.

my speakers are that exact same size, so keeping them in the shelf seems like a good idea.

was that little platform in the middle extra?

yeah, that platform in the middle is a piece I found in the as is section at ikea...I think it was/is a door to one of the cabinet sets.

oh nice.

that'll save me $10 on legs.

i think i'll roll with this setup.

my speakers are that exact same size, so keeping them in the shelf seems like a good idea.

was that little platform in the middle extra?

yeah, that platform in the middle is a piece I found in the as is section at ikea...I think it was/is a door to one of the cabinet sets.

i have 2 2x4s with 4 capita legs on each. i use one for records / stereo setup, the other as my tv / dvd stand. they are both holding up really well. i don't see a need for extra legs in the middle.

i like how you boxed out that shelf for the receiver in the middle, but there's going to come a time when you're going to need that space for records :-P

I build my own shelves... About $40 in nice wood and a few bucks in the rest of the material though I already have the nail gun, sander, stain, etc. Advantage is I can build them to fit the space, but I usually build in 1x3 units that fit right around 200 LP's. Disadvantage is finding the time to build more when you run out of space.

I have a 5x5 expedit. 469 12's take up about 7 1/2 cubes. I have a cube for all my tests and box sets.

188 7's + some odd vinyl (6's 8's and 9's) take up just under 2 cubes. 25 10's take up just over half a cube. That's with all the everything, excluding the box sets, having sleeves on them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've purchased probably half a dozen expedits since I've begun using them and I've never purchased from Ikea - does St. Louis have a fairly large Craigslist that you could use to keep a look out for second hand ones that come up? Usually half the price of what you'd get them new with a few cosmetic damages but still sturdy all the same.