ALK3 - Halloween @ Reckless

kriss

that is a crazy good price on halloween with the bag.

the #1 copy that's on eBay is a fake. it was an unnumbered copy that the owner just wrote in "01" before the /3000. the real copies are numbered in pen, and all with 4 digits (aka 0001/3000, 0002/3000, etc.)

hopefully nobody is tricked.

that is a crazy good price on halloween with the bag.

the #1 copy that's on eBay is a fake. it was an unnumbered copy that the owner just wrote in "01" before the /3000. the real copies are numbered in pen, and all with 4 digits (aka 0001/3000, 0002/3000, etc.)

hopefully nobody is tricked.

Good catch. I wasn't going to bid because the starting bid is more than I'd pay, even for the real #1.

this happens way more than you'd think. and people fall for it all the time. i've seen #666 for sale a few times, from a few different sellers. all looked different. i've been lucky enough to own a few different copies of the Halloween 7" over the years, so i know what they should look like. once you do, it's super easy to spot a fake.

normally when a seller is selling a "premium" number and there isn't a photo listed on the auction of the back of the jacket that shows the number, you can bet it's a fake.

what do you mean, what's the deal with them? i'm not sure i understand the question...

when you press a record (and print jackets), they give you a +/- 10% range for your run. basically nobody ever gives you less than what you order, but if you get more, then you just have some extra ones to sell/give away/burn/whatever. usually, not an issue. when you order jackets with "___/3000" printed directly on them, however, it's a problem you have to deal with if they send you 3,200 records and jackets.

instead of going with the burn/whatever options from above, they decided to sell/give away. but they weren't going to number anything 3,001/3,000. so they just left them blank. and therein lies the rub.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALKALINE-TRIO-Halloween-b-w-Children-Heat-Ltd-Edition-Orange-Vinyl-45-MISFITS-/2 90644321776?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item43abc065f0

This matches Dan's criteria. Fake number?

that one actually looks real. he hadn't posted a picture of the back, so i asked him to. either it's real, or he did a REALLY good job faking it.