My Heart Will Always Be The Bside to My Tongue

atticus

They'll probably want to press it themselves and they'll press 2500-5000 and complain when it takes forever to sell out.

FBR needs to just offer the vinyl pressings of stuff when the damn album first comes out. They really shot themselves in the foot with everything except the All We Know is Falling and Take This To Your Grave represses because they waited so long for stuff like The Cab, the last Hush Sound album, and the third The Academy Is... record. Most of those fanbases aren't going to rebuy shit they already have. PATD, PAramore and FOB, maybe. but the rest? They don't care.

FBR seems to be really bad with vinyl pressings, just from what I've seen. You can still buy that The Academy Is... record for like $11 new. They pressed like 1500-2000 of each Paramore record and won't repressed Panic!'s Fever. I really wish they would have pressed The Academy Is' Almost There. They probably could make a lot more money and a lot more fans happy.

FBR seems to be really bad with vinyl pressings, just from what I've seen. You can still buy that The Academy Is... record for like $11 new.

Are you advocating they should have press lessed so it was sold out? I dont even know what album this thread is in reference to, let alone any of the bands on FBR, but I think all music should be available to purchase at cheap prices and not just for collectors to make bank off of.

FBR seems to be really bad with vinyl pressings, just from what I've seen. You can still buy that The Academy Is... record for like $11 new.

Are you advocating they should have press lessed so it was sold out? I dont even know what album this thread is in reference to, let alone any of the bands on FBR, but I think all music should be available to purchase at cheap prices and not just for collectors to make bank off of.

If it didn't seem like they were hesitant to press stuff because they don't want to hang I to the inventory for years and years, then I would advocate the same thing. But unfortunately, they don't seem to want to hold onto shit for as long as a 2500-5000 run would facilitate, especially if it's a repress.

The goal is also to sell as many records as possible, but waiting a few years after the release to press it doesn't help in accomplishing that goal.

No, I'm saying if they would press a reasonable number of a record at the logical time, they'd realize that pressing records is actually a good idea and that fans and collectors would buy them, instead of them pressing 2500 copies two years after a record comes out and probably never getting rid of their inventory. They could have easily sold 1000 copies of Fast Times when it came out, I think.