Indonesian Punks Under Sharia Attack

it's not a strange thing in some countries in asia. and i think this will inspire the next generation punkers do the same thing for show they not commit this force.

well, this news was public in same time which the casualties has a tour leg in south east asia. saw them on last sunday in bangkok. it's fun....

I need to read up on the politics and sociological background of Indonesia, because I'm just wondering what brought this on all of a sudden. There's obviously a punk/alternative music scene there and probably has been for a while. Some guy on Punknews posted a video of a kid singing "The Brews" by NOFX on Indonesian Idol. It's popular enough for that to happen, so why would they get all crazy about it now?

Indonesia got one massive scene down there. I've never been there but from what my friends that used to play there they said the scene there is more professional and more organize. Check out Indonesian bands such as Superman is Dead or Burgerkill. Both bands have been around for years now.

In Malaysia a few years,cops raided a new year gig suspected that a hardcore show was a black metal show with all the goat,ritual and stuff. Sad but true.

Indonesia got one massive scene down there. I've never been there but from what my friends that used to play there they said the scene there is more professional and more organize. Check out Indonesian bands such as Superman is Dead or Burgerkill. Both bands have been around for years now.

In Malaysia a few years,cops raided a new year gig suspected that a hardcore show was a black metal show with all the goat,ritual and stuff. Sad but true.

i heard around 4000+ punkers at there on total chaos show last year....