EBAY: The White Stripes & John C Reilly TRICOLORS

travised

honestly I would sell these at cost if they were mine, but they're my brother's. I'm selling them for him. I have my own copies and have been playing them all day, and definitely would not sell them. he just stood in line with me and figured he would buy his own, I'm the fan, not him.

sorry, I really didn't mean to offend anyone.

Doesn't matter who's they are - if he's not a fan, why would he need copies? I don't walk into places and buy things that I'm not interested in. These are tri color pressings and they're known for fetching high prices.

I'd bet the amount these records go for on the notion that you had him grab them for you so that you could flip them while keeping yr own copies. Classic move - this isn't rocket science.

What kills me about flippers on this board is how they have 100 different semantical arguments on why what they're doing ISN'T flipping.

I don't deny that it's flipping. However, he didn't buy them for me, he bought them for himself to flip. I'm just selling them for him, I'm not getting any money from these.

If it makes a difference, I've never bought a record that at the time I didn't want for myself. I've sold a few records over the years but only if I no longer listen to them.

Again, I didn't mean to offend you guys.

C'maaan. I know it's the principle that counts, but no matter what, it's always going to happen. It absolutely sucks, but it's inevitable. I, just in the past year-and-a-half, started buying vinyl full-time again, and was super excited to get a job at a local record store called Rediscover just in time for Record Store Day. Plenty of releases I wanted - Beach Boys 10", JEW Bleed American, Ramones/Green Day/Jenny and Johnny 7"s, etc. Watched the first 4 customers buy out nearly all of our stock and as they were at checkout, talk about how they'd never even heard a specific record - or even a single by the band - but picked up the record because of a super-limited pressing. Half the stuff I wanted, I never got. The stuff I did find, I paid way over what the suggested retail value was.

Kriss Stress is just a cool dude. Kudos for anyone who doesn't flip.

travised, good luck with yer sale!

I don't deny that it's flipping. However, he didn't buy them for me, he bought them for himself to flip. I'm just selling them for him, I'm not getting any money from these.

If it makes a difference, I've never bought a record that at the time I didn't want for myself. I've sold a few records over the years but only if I no longer listen to them.

He had to have some knowledge of what they go for - whether by his own or research or by you. These are limited and because he wanted to make money off of them, somebody out there who would have bought them to listen to and enjoy didn't get them.

I've tooted this horn a lot around here and I'll continue to do so - it's not WRONG to flip in so far as it's your (or uh...HIS in this case, whichever) money and purchased items - but there are two ways I look at selling high priced records.

A.) You bought it, you enjoyed it for an amount of time, you decided you didn't want it anymore. You look it up - surprise! look how much other copies are going for! you sell it.

B.) You bought it, you didn't even bother opening it, when you get home you take a poo, throw a Hungry Man tv dinner in the oven and fire up the 'ol laptop and point the browser over to eBay to get a listing going and put the starting bid at TEN times what you paid for it.

Can you see how that's not a bit sleazy? You then come onto a board where there are plenty of folks who abhor this practice and method of selling and then (looks like you registered nearly a year ago or longer) go "derp derp, didn't mean to offend anybody!" while two of yr posts are looking for an Elliot Smith record that you specifically request folks cut you a break and not charge you top dollar for.

and *we're* the jags because we said something about it?

C'mon.

He had to have some knowledge of what they go for - whether by his own or research or by you. These are limited and because he wanted to make money off of them, somebody out there who would have bought them to listen to and enjoy didn't get them.

I've tooted this horn a lot around here and I'll continue to do so - it's not WRONG to flip in so far as it's your (or uh...HIS in this case, whichever) money and purchased items - but there are two ways I look at selling high priced records.

A.) You bought it, you enjoyed it for an amount of time, you decided you didn't want it anymore. You look it up - surprise! look how much other copies are going for! you sell it.

B.) You bought it, you didn't even bother opening it, when you get home you take a poo, throw a Hungry Man tv dinner in the oven and fire up the 'ol laptop and point the browser over to eBay to get a listing going and put the starting bid at TEN times what you paid for it.

Can you see how that's not a bit sleazy? You then come onto a board where there are plenty of folks who abhor this practice and method of selling and then (looks like you registered nearly a year ago or longer) go "derp derp, didn't mean to offend anybody!" while two of yr posts are looking for an Elliot Smith record that you specifically request folks cut you a break and not charge you top dollar for.

and *we're* the jags because we said something about it?

C'mon.

You said it, man.

I'm pretty sure I had posted weeks ago that I wanted this tri-color and that if someone would be kind enough, I would pay for it.

$6 for record + $4 shipping + $50-$200 processing and procurement fee.

And since this is all centering around Third Man releases, lest we forget - http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/jack-white-foils-ebay-flippers-angers-fans/

We're all aware that flippers cost us more when it comes to records we want, but in this case, it's clear cut and obvious that some labels will stoop to those means if need be and then all of us will have to pay off the greed of those who could care less about what's on the disc as much as what they can get for it.