Agalloch - The Mantle & Ashes Against... REPRESSES

hedon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Yeah, I'd still call them represses though and not bootlegs. Mainly because the word bootleg leaves a bad feeling in your head and makes you think the sound is bad. But I've heard from everyone who owns these that the sound is incredible and top notch. Even from a friend who has the original presses.

But yeah, those. On clear, hopefully they'll be here in the next few days. Cant wait to spin them.

Yeah, I'd still call them represses though and not bootlegs. Mainly because the word bootleg leaves a bad feeling in your head and makes you think the sound is bad. But I've heard from everyone who owns these that the sound is incredible and top notch. Even from a friend who has the original presses.

But yeah, those. On clear, hopefully they'll be here in the next few days. Cant wait to spin them.

word, got both albums on black.

it's a little unclear situation describing these as bootlegs. grau seems to be serious and legal label, and the band probably does not have the rights to these albums.

Well it's been discussed that Grau had rights to these records a few years ago when the band was with The End Records. Their license with these records had run out and they didn't have the legal right to press them. The band is trying to get ownership for these two records so they can press them theirselves.

Since Grau HAD the rights at one point that lets me believe that these presses are as high of quality as they would be if the band did it themselves, like you said, they're a legit label, so they're going to put out a quality product.

Not knowing when [or if] these albums may "officially" go up for sale - and being a sucker for clear vinyl - I jumped on the few remaining copies Eclipsical Records had in stock.  They just showed up this afternoon, and I've got to say that they're mighty gorgeous.  Their packaging is incredibly well-done, and I look forward to seeing how they sound later on tonight.

• 1 month later...

I've just restocked copies of Agalloch's "The Mantle" and "Ashes Against The Grain" on vinyl.  Clear wax, gatefold jackets, printed inner sleeves, and also includes a poster.

These have been labeled as "bootlegs", but that is just some type of misunderstanding from the band, The End, and Grau regarding the time length of a contract or something. The quality of these releases is far, far away from bootleg. Everything is top notch and extremely detailed, and most importantly, the vinyl sounds pristine.

Order here: http://eclipsicalrecords.storenvy.com/

Lots of other great records up in the shop as well... get in touch with any questions!

Jeremy

There's no misunderstanding. Grau doesn't own the rights to press these anymore but they're doing it anyway. The End Records (who does own the rights) is suing Grau to stop them but since they're located overseas it's taking a while. If you're supporting this release you're not supporting the band in any way and instead supporting poor business practices from a greedy label.

• 2 months later...

I've just restocked copies of Agalloch's "The Mantle" and "Ashes Against The Grain" on vinyl.  Clear wax, gatefold jackets, printed inner sleeves, and also includes a poster.

These have been labeled as "bootlegs", but that is just some type of misunderstanding from the band, The End, and Grau regarding the time length of a contract or something. The quality of these releases is far, far away from bootleg. Everything is top notch and extremely detailed, and most importantly, the vinyl sounds pristine.

Order here: http://eclipsicalrecords.storenvy.com/

Lots of other great records up in the shop as well... get in touch with any questions!

Jeremy

Only two left of each!