Jersey Shore Season 5

THIS! I grew up around these assholes all my life. Why are people still watching this?

because we didn't grow up around these assholes all our lives and it's entertaining. c'mon, with how this world is, sometimes you want to watch something mindless and entertaining to get your mind off other things. that's why i watch it at least.

I hear you man. I'll agree about wanting something mindless and entertaining...that's why I'll watch sports :P

I should clarify that yes its a show that doesn't seem to die...but I mean these people are making some serious money of being...well typical goomba trash. I always hoped that their stupidity wouldn't translate into anything positive. Instead I got a show that seems omnipresent. I could think of about 3094059043 people I could swap these idiots out with in a second. Don't take this as an attack though...just please everyone don't give this show anymore ratings. :-[

because we didn't grow up around these assholes all our lives and it's entertaining. c'mon, with how this world is, sometimes you want to watch something mindless and entertaining to get your mind off other things. that's why i watch it at least.

i don't mean to assume anything about the posters on this forum, but IN GENERAL people on the internet are the most cynical and first to dismiss anything mainstream as trash

granted jersey shore is trash, its like the transformers of my life as in, its fun to watch, there's absolutely no substance, except i dont have to pay money and waste time going out to go see it, plus its free with the cable i get with my apartment

your assumptions are pretty much correct.. haha. but it is trash.. as long as people aren't saying it's top shelf entertainment with great plots, editing, and gracious and smart cast, then i really have no reason to judge. we all have our guilty pleasures.

for 3 seasons, i was one of jshores biggest advocates. but when my sister asked me thursday night if id be watching the new episode, i was kind of thrilled for not having known about it already.

i knew i wouldnt make it through last season, and i didnt even come close. the novelty (and it was a gem) wore off, and im happy enough with the first 2 seasons.