Pouzza Fest 2012 - MTL May 18,19,20

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to this but not Fest. I could drive to Montreal for this (plus I never been there) but I have a vacation voucher I need to use by the end of this year so Fest is a no go. Oh well. POUTINE IT IS!

Yessir. We should get together for a beer or 17

I don't drink so Root or Birch Beer for me but I am down. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I was told (by the guys running it) they are letting 300 wristbands into the Lagwagon show. You have to remember not everyone with a wristband is going to want to see Lagwagon (with Naked Raygun playing the same night).

That's true, man. I'm just going to be bummed if we miss them. I guess we can just get together and drink before.

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope so! My wife was checking with Pouzza information and they said we were guaranteed admittance...at least thats how she read it to me.

I could say though if things don't go as planned at least I made it to Montreal! :D

...I also think I'm the only American going from this board. AMIRITE?

I really hope so! My wife was checking with Pouzza information and they said we were guaranteed admittance...at least thats how she read it to me.

I could say though if things don't go as planned at least I made it to Montreal! :D

No guarantee admittance to any particular shows. If say, Lagwagon is sold out and at capacity (I think they're only letting 300 pass holders in) you can go to any of the other 3 or 4 shows.

From the site:

"This pass will give you access to all venues for the whole duration of the festival, but it is possible that a venue is sold out at some point. If that happens, you will have access to one of the other 4 venues. If you REALLY wanna see a band, get there early, and stay inside the venue, because there will be movement from venues to venues."

Kinda shitty, as my wife is AMPED to see Lagwagon.

We should meet up for some poutine. Or, we know wicked Ethiopian and Indian restaurants if you guys like that stuff.

I think the broken english is what's causing a lot of misunderstandings. You are guarenteed to get into a show at any given time if you have a wristband. So let's say you try to get into Lagwagon and you can't you are guarenteed to get into one of the other clubs.

It's not a guarentee that you can get into all the shows you want to it's just a guarentee that you can get into a club. So that no matter what you can be watching bands at any given time. Might not be the bands you want to see but you can see bands.

My girlfriend and I caved and bought tickets to the Hot Water Music and Classics Of Love shows. Only other band I really want to see is The Lawrence Arms but we're just going to go early and hope we get into that show. Otherwise we'll just check out some of the other bands.

At the end of the day the festival is going to be what you make it. Yeah you might not catch all the bands you want to see, but it still can be a shit load of fun. Plus Montreal is an amazing city, so if you have a shit time there's something wrong with you.