Pouzza Fest 2012 - MTL May 18,19,20

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We walked by Club Soda at 4:30 this afternoon and there was already a line up around the corner to get in. So sadly we'll not be seeing The Lawrence Arms tonight.

Went to a great record shop today called Cheap Thrills. Great selection and decent prices. The dude who was working there was super nice too. Gave me a free Converge poster cause I was wearing a Converge shirt.

cheap thrills is awesome its just so small but they have the nicest people there.

if any of you have the chance stop by aux 33tours on mont royal. its not the cheapest (although 15% off on all new stuff, and 30 or more on used records this weekend) but the selection is huge and they still have some RSD stuff. also its a nice neighborhood to go grab ice cream or eat decent poutine. just walk up st laurent and when you reach mt royal turn right.

We walked by Club Soda at 4:30 this afternoon and there was already a line up around the corner to get in. So sadly we'll not be seeing The Lawrence Arms tonight.

Went to a great record shop today called Cheap Thrills. Great selection and decent prices. The dude who was working there was super nice too. Gave me a free Converge poster cause I was wearing a Converge shirt.

I got on that line at 5 and got in with no problem. It was weird though. Also John from the Flatliners came and hung out with a few people I was with in line and had that awkward moment cause im wearing a Flatliners shirt. Good times and crazy show. Waiting for the Descendents cover set now.

Thanks for the tip on the record store. Gonna try to hit it up tomorrow before i leave!

Didn't have a problem getting into any shows again last night, and managed to see The Larry Arms (they played a "secret" show). The last two nights have been pretty awesome. Cheap beers have kicked my ass though.

They have what they're calling a merch mall today at one of the clubs so we're going to go check that out.

Got to the mainstage friday earlier enough for Menzingers, Flats and Hot Water. Most of my friends didn't get in though. Saw both Lawrence Arms sets saturday, both were incredible. Seeing them play at 2 am at Underworld was absolutely unreal. Also caught Laureate, Junior Battles and Dave Hause on top of the main stages each day.

Good weekend. Parked at Foufous on Friday for Hot Water Music, Bouncing Souls, Flatliners, and Menzingers. Too tired from the long ass drive on Friday so headed back to bed only to be greeted by strikers and cops. Caught Play Date and Mike Park at the kids show early on Saturday. Waited 2 hours for Club Soda that night but got in for After The Fall, Cheap Girls, Tim Barry, Lawrence Arms, and Lagwagon. Headed over across town for a 3am secret Descendents cover set. Sprinkle in some Poutine, Schwartz's, record shopping, and some strange shit and it made for a good weekend. I gotta get back to Montreal soon! Sans riots/police aggression hopefully.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I didn't see any bands Sunday. That drive from Montreal back to NYC is long.

Good weekend. Parked at Foufous on Friday for Hot Water Music, Bouncing Souls, Flatliners, and Menzingers. Too tired from the long ass drive on Friday so headed back to bed only to be greeted by strikers and cops. Caught Play Date and Mike Park at the kids show early on Saturday. Waited 2 hours for Club Soda that night but got in for After The Fall, Cheap Girls, Tim Barry, Lawrence Arms, and Lagwagon. Headed over across town for a 3am secret Descendents cover set. Sprinkle in some Poutine, Schwartz's, record shopping, and some strange shit and it made for a good weekend. I gotta get back to Montreal soon! Sans riots/police aggression hopefully.

Sad we couldnt hook up my man. My dog is alive, though, and there's always next year.

I'm on my way home from seeing Cory Brennan, Jon Snoodgrass, Dave Hause and Joey Cape at Bovine Sex Club in Toronto. Great show, except the sound for Joey was totally crap. He ended up unplugging and playing sans electricity. It was neat to see.

Also, I'm hammered.

All in all pretty great weekend. We ended up getting into every show we tried to. Last night we walked into the suicide machines/less than jake show about 10 minutes before the suicide machines went on. Which was pretty sweet. I sort of felt bad for all the people who had lined up all afternoon.

The festval itself was pretty good. There were a couple things that showed it was obviously the promoters first time running something of this scale. I'd do it again, but probably only two nights next time.

Sad we couldnt hook up my man. My dog is alive, though, and there's always next year.

I'm on my way home from seeing Cory Brennan, Jon Snoodgrass, Dave Hause and Joey Cape at Bovine Sex Club in Toronto. Great show, except the sound for Joey was totally crap. He ended up unplugging and playing sans electricity. It was neat to see.

Also, I'm hammered.

Yeah I hope it happens again next year. I really did enjoy Montreal. Hope all is well and you can make it. Also hope that they don't sell advance tickets for single shows so this way everyone has a fair shot and doesn't have to wait in line.

I went up with Aspiga and had a great time in Montreal. I was let down with all the record stores I visited, including Sound Central and Cheap Thrills. Mont Royal Ave had a bunch of cd/record stores too, which was cool. It's glad to see those types of independent stores still thriving somewhere in the world. Tim Hortons was SO GOOD. As far as bands go, here's who I saw...

Friday

- Kepi Ghoulie, Sundowner, Brendan Kelly, Cory Brannan, Jon Snodgrass, Joey Cape, Chuck Ragan

Saturday

- Playdate, Mike Park Band, Saint Alvia, The Nills, Kevin Seconds, Naked Raygun, Vic Ruggiero, Dave Hause

Sunday

- Aspiga, Placeholder, Blacktop Kids, The Reveling, Low Dead Volume, The Beatdown, oRCondor, Horace Pinker

I saw Kepi play so many times this weekend it was nuts. Besides his two solo sets, he performed drums with Playdate, Kevin Seconds, and Vic Ruggiero. Hardest working dude at the fest.