Thrill Jockey 20th anniversary Reissues

Chicago indie label Thrill Jockey will celebrate their 20th anniversary this year with a number of represses of classic albums, as well as a bunch of new releases.

The label will reissue six Tortoise albums as well as their 7" singles "Mosquito" and "Lonesome Sound", six records from the Sea and the Cake, four Trans Am albums, the Fiery Furnaces' I'm Going Away, Califone's Roomsound and Heron King Blues, White Hills' self-titled and Heads on Fire, and Fennesz/Daniell/Buck's Knoxville, among others.

Thrill Jockey will also release a number of debuts for the label this year, including solo albums from YOB's Mike Scheidt, Barn Owl's Jon Porras, Eternal Tapestry's Dewey Mahood (as Plankton Wat), and Oneida drummer John Colpitts, aka Kid Millions (as Man Forever).

Anyone else excited?

Glad they are repressing the Tortoise stuff. I have most of it already, but it's good they are making it available for folks. I need to jump on some of the Sea and the Cake and Trans Am stuff.

Glad they are repressing the Tortoise stuff. I have most of it already, but it's good they are making it available for folks. I need to jump on some of the Sea and the Cake and Trans Am stuff.

Yeah, haha. I'm one of those people who only has one record from them. I'm also pretty stoked for the White Hills too.

Would be nice if they could repress some Skull Defekts, especially Peer Amid. I lucked out and scored a copy a little over a week ago but my bro is dying to get his hands on one.

They also mention on the website that they are repressing some stuff that they just recently released, so i hope they do repress peer amid, because i wasn't able to get one.

Would be nice if they could repress some Skull Defekts, especially Peer Amid. I lucked out and scored a copy a little over a week ago but my bro is dying to get his hands on one.

I'd be happy to sell you mine. I've always liked Dan Higgs, but this didn't do anything for me. Feel free to PM and we can chit-chat.