Half Priced Books imports ?

While i don't know if any of you guys buy your records from here at all, I have noticed they've been getting in their fair share of imports from labels like Doxy, Lillith and some other ones.

I only mention these because i managed to pick up records from Sun ra, John Coltrane, Orenette Coleman, Thelonious Monk, Miles Davis, Caetano Veloso, and a couple Ennio Morricone Soundtracks for half of what they ask for on other sites.

this just only started happening recently, so i can only imagine what other imports they may be getting in the future.

I've never used this site before but in my first 10 searches, prices were ridiculous for stuff I was interested in. I'm sure if you look long enough you'll find a decent deal but their prices on rare stuff was double what you would pay from a seller on Amazon.

Yeah some of their stuff is stupidly overpriced. also i did fail to make it clear that i didn't purchase the imports online. They had them randomly one day when i went in the store. I guess it just took me by surprise because i had never seen them sell new records before. I would suggest going to check it out in person. I managed to snag a triple lp miles davis record for 17.95, as opposed to the 39.99 i would have payed via Music direct, sound stage direct or any other place like that.

I've never used this site before but in my first 10 searches, prices were ridiculous for stuff I was interested in. I'm sure if you look long enough you'll find a decent deal but their prices on rare stuff was double what you would pay from a seller on Amazon.

Yeah some of their stuff is stupidly overpriced. also i did fail to make it clear that i didn't purchase the imports online. They had them randomly one day when i went in the store. I guess it just took me by surprise because i had never seen them sell new records before. I would suggest going to check it out in person. I managed to snag a triple lp miles davis record for 17.95, as opposed to the 39.99 i would have payed via Music direct, sound stage direct or any other place like that.

Exactly. I've found some killer deals in-store. Either way, cool to have another site to explore for deals, so thanks for the heads up.

This has been going on for a while (at least a year). I've never ordered from the on-line, but have found great deals in-store. Got Bill Haley and Buddy Holly reissues for $4.98 a piece. Just got some Muddy Waters for $9.98, and New York Dolls Live in Paris for $11.98. Depends on what store you go to. All are priced differently.