pressing info, bon iver - for emma on yellow?

sideny

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that guy is dumb, he would have gotten so much for some of those individually, especially if he did a LITTLE TINY BIT of research about his records and listed them more properly.

If you did a LITTLE TINY BIT of research on the English language, you'd speak it 'more properly'.

Callig someone dumb for selling a bunch of records to one person, for an unknown amount of money is dumb. Look at it from the sellers view. He gets a fair price, sends records to one person and doesn't pay exorbitant eBay fees. Have you ever sold an expensive record to someone? It's a bit of a pain, if you don't want to come across as shady there is a lot of communication involved. Sending pics or scans of postal receipts, high quality photos of the record before packaging, as well as photos of it packed up ready to go.

Multiply that by however many records he was selling, logistical nightmare for anyone. Even if the seller didn't get top dollar, the hassle he's saved himself might very well be worth it. Not to mention chasing people up for the cash.

hi. i'm the one who was selling the records. invinylwetrust and jase, thanks for understanding. i wasn't trying to screw anyone. i'm sorry to anyone that had their hopes up for a particular record. i got an offer for the whole lot from a cool and deserving buyer that made things really easy on my end, so i jumped at the opportunity. the buyer lived in brooklyn, issued me a cashier's check, and picked them up.

also, in fairness, justindinealone, i'm pretty sure i know who you are (i received A LOT of offers for this record), and you left out some important details in your post. i said what you were offering was indeed a lot, and that i had been offered even more, which i thought was all insanity. i told you i was just going to take down the listing, because i felt weird about accepting that much money for a record. i admit, the timing of the listing was bad with all the bon iver hoopla from the grammys. i was not trying to capitalize on that. and it was clear that was happening because the number of page views on monday absolutely skyrocketed from less than 75 to over 800.

again, i'm really sorry to anyone that didn't get a particular record that they wanted. i'm happy to hear from anyone that has anything they want to know. i've been reading all the hate mail and nice mail that i've gotten via ebay messages. sorry that i just had to send a stock response. too many emails.

3 reasons

(1) i spent most of my 20s going to shows and buying records at those shows. you only get the good stuff when you buy from bands or labels.

(2) my best friend works for sub pop. i admit that's how i got all those promos.

(3) i dated a guy for several years that managed tours for bands, and the bands sometimes gave me awesome stuff

i know, not exactly coming by it honestly

i really don't mind saying, because i know it was more than fair for both of us. $25 each. that's a lot of money i know, but surely way less than the lot would have went for on ebay. the buyer sold their car and borrowed the rest from family and friends, so i felt kind of bad, but i know they got a really good deal. that elliott smith either/or record was signed.

i really don't mind saying, because i know it was more than fair for both of us. $25 each. that's a lot of money i know, but surely way less than the lot would have went for on ebay. the buyer sold their car and borrowed the rest from family and friends, so i felt kind of bad, but i know they got a really good deal. that elliott smith either/or record was signed.

W.T.F.

WOW

You sound like the nicest person in the history of the world. Wow. Just wow.

Seriously you're really cool to come on here and awesome to answer these questions but if they seriously paid that little there is a high chance they will flip them. I'm certain they will flip at least some of them.

Though you had close to 100 records listed originally right? So I guess you made a ton of money still. Just you sound too nice. :-/

EDIT: Wait there's a bunch of records that were worth less than $25 each maybe it's not so bad.

thanks, that's nice of you to say after all the hate mail i've gotten today!

exactly, when you factor in all i would have owed ebay and how exhausting it would have been to ship all those, i made out okay. and conversely, how many people really have $2500 lying around to spend on records in this economy? (thus the major sacrifice made by the buyer). but believe me, i did consider the unfortunate consequence that it was not exactly sharing the wealth when it came to the collection and i did feel bad for the bidders. i really did.

thanks, that's nice of you to say after all the hate mail i've gotten today!

exactly, when you factor in all i would have owed ebay and how exhausting it would have been to ship all those, i made out okay. and conversely, how many people really have $2500 lying around to spend on records in this economy? (thus the major sacrifice made by the buyer). but believe me, i did consider the unfortunate consequence that it was not exactly sharing the wealth when it came to the collection and i did feel bad for the bidders. i really did.

Just an FYI and im not intending to be mean because Im not disappointed in not getting your listings, but if someone sells a car to buy these, theyre gonna flip them. People need cars more than they need a sweet record collection.

like i said, if they do then i'm a horrible judge of character. but also like i said, i'm not greedy and i got what i wanted for them, so to each their own.

i mean, what can i say anyway? probably the three most valuable records in there (her majesty, helplessness blues, and for emma) i paid a total of $12 for, more or less.

like i said, if they do then i'm a horrible judge of character. but also like i said, i'm not greedy and i got what i wanted for them, so to each their own.

i mean, what can i say anyway? probably the three most valuable records in there (her majesty, helplessness blues, and for emma) i paid a total of $12 for, more or less.

your neighborhood #1 7" sells for 150+ easily. did it have the feather sticker?