Turnaround - Vinyl Doco (Melbourne based)

I'm a film student at Deakin Uni and will potentially be doing a short documentary on the resurgence of vinyl.

If there is anyone in Melbourne (Australia) with an impressive collection, I would love to possibly get a few shots of it and perhaps a few words. :)

PM or reply if you're interested.

(Also sorry if this is the wrong board for this.)

EDIT: Here's the doco:

[media=]

[/media]

also track down Bruce Milne. He used to run the tote and his collection used to be amazing - i know he sold a lot of his records to try and keep the tote running, but i'm sure its still better than I could ever hope to have

Yeah I think he sold most of his collection. Sucks. :(

Also I'd recommend just going to Melbourne record stores and asking around. Probably easiest way to do this.

(BTW I'm in good old Adelaide)

• 1 month later...

So this is getting the go ahead and everything.

I'm interviewing Andrew from Poison City (the perspective of a store/label owner), Craig from Midnight Funeral (the perspective of a collector) and Jackson the bass player of Hollow Everdaze (the perspective of a band releasing vinyl).

Also has anyone ever done anything with Zenith Records?

They're the only pressing plant in Melbourne and I've tried to contact them 6 or 7 times, but they never reply. :/

So this is getting the go ahead and everything.

I'm interviewing Andrew from Poison City (the perspective of a store/label owner), Craig from Midnight Funeral (the perspective of a collector) and Jackson the bass player of Hollow Everdaze (the perspective of a band releasing vinyl).

Also has anyone ever done anything with Zenith Records?

They're the only pressing plant in Melbourne and I've tried to contact them 6 or 7 times, but they never reply. :/

Zenith is notorious for never replying to anything.

Zenith is notorious for never replying to anything.

Ah fair enough. At least that means they're not personally avoiding me. :P

I'm in Perth if I can help. Vinyl factory in Sydney may be worth contacting

Thanks for the offer, but Perth would be too hard.

And with the little progress I'm making with Zenith, I might even have to road trip to Sydney's plant...

Also thanks to everyone for replying with help. I do appreciate it.

I already have a collector (Craig) lined up. But if any Melbourne collectors here are seriously interested in helping, have an impressive collection (like very impressive), would be happy to talk on camera and are free this weekend. Feel free to reply or PM.

The more the merrier! :)

• 4 weeks later...