The Beyond: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack LP

Taken from omgvinyl.com

"We’re super happy to be the first place to announce Mondo’s next LP, Fabio Frizzi’s stunning soundtrack for Lucio Fulci’s The Beyond. Considered one of the greatest horror soundtracks of the 80′s, Frizzi’s work here is bold, dynamic, and downright timeless. Imagine what it must’ve been like hearing this one 30+ years ago, especially as the backdrop to faces being melted by acid. Soundtracks of this magnitude don’t come around often, and many things since have seemed tame in comparison. A proper vinyl release is more than warranted. The 180 gram LP will be limited to 1500 copies (500 of which come on clear turquoise vinyl) and comes packaged in a beautiful gatefold jacket designed by Rob Jones. The audio has been remastered for vinyl by James Plotkin. The official street date is May 22nd, but the online release may come sooner. It’s best to follow Mondo on Twitter, and keep an eye on Mondotees.com."

Hell yes! This soundtrack is killer!

at least it's not 500 like the Maniac Soundtrack.

Exactly. I'm hoping the Drive soundtrack will be around 1500 too.

I'm hoping they press more than 1500 for Drive...

1500 copies for the 1983 (or 1981?) film won't be as in demand.. no? but yeah... it's Mondo, it will sell out. This film rips.. and the soundtrack as well. Fulci's films, including New York Ripper and Zombi are classic...

• 3 months later...

So whats the difference between the version that soldout on Mondo and the one that Mondo is releasing on Tuesday 7/24???

Where did you see that information? They aren't selling any Beyond vinyl on that day that I'm aware of and I know several of the employees there. They are completely sold out on their site and they haven't said anything about it since it went on sale back in June.

Where did you see that information? They aren't selling any Beyond vinyl on that day that I'm aware of and I know several of the employees there. They are completely sold out on their site and they haven't said anything about it since it went on sale back in June.

They must not have sold all 1,500 copies through their website then. Which means, we still probably have a 1 in 3 chance of landing a turquoise variant off any of those links I posted??? The original Mondo listing said all of the variants were "randomly inserted".

Guest deathbydrums

Yup, that's the deal. The distribution deal is partially why this and their version of the Drive soundtrack have been later to come than expected.

Yeah that's true. They were selling all of the copies through their as they have a distribution rights for it so they probably only sold 500 or so through their site and then the remainder of the copies going to stores and other sites

Well there you go, there are plenty of links to choose from, so have at it!!!

Yeah, and I posted the Amazon link a while back, 'cause that's where I found it. It's lovely. I got the black, but that doesn't mean you won't get blue if you order form any of those places, since they said they're not marking the blue ones and they're being randomly packed as a result.