Just moved to Orlando / RSD

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the ptm show since I will see the menzingers when they play with the bouncing souls.

I was at the wonder years show next door. Did you see the dude that got way too wasted out front of the Beacham? Ambulance had to come pick him up.

Sidenote: 4rivers backed hard. Be prepared to wait in a 30 minute line though.

I was at the GK show until about 9, standing in the back corner by the photobooth most of the time because my gf has anxiety when she forgets to eat. Silly. Then we went to the PTM show at about nine. The Lonely Forest was great. And PTM was better than I've ever seen them, very high energy.

was at the gk tour as well last night

when did the social start charging for a tiny cup of water?

if you are under 21 they've always charged unless they put the pitcher at the end of the counter. It's also customary to give them a buck for giving it to you, just cause they gotta make their money. Some do get a little overzealous and expect or ask for it instead haha

I've heard good things about The Social... I'll definitely check that place out. Same with Rock and Roll Heaven. What I'm looking for are the good hole in the wall bars/pubs/restaurants that I should go to. Any recommendations?

Social is one of my very fav venues. Seen a TON of bands there over the years. Just saw Cursive there the other night.

I was planning on giving a dollar for a tip anyways, but when she asked for the dollar I said nevermind.. I just don't see them charging for a cup of water as necessary.. I've never had a problem getting a cup of water before and I've probably been to 10+ shows there

I was planning on giving a dollar for a tip anyways, but when she asked for the dollar I said nevermind.. I just don't see them charging for a cup of water as necessary.. I've never had a problem getting a cup of water before and I've probably been to 10+ shows there

weird. ive been going since like 2005 or 2006 and they usually have a picther. Maybe she was mad since you didnt walk to the pitcher. that sucks though.

Yeah, they definitely usually have the pitcher (I don't believe they had it last night) but I don't see that as safe at all. Maybe I usually just tip before they can charge me and they take that as the charge when I just see it as the tip.. Who knows... Either way, I'll never "pay" for a cup of water, especially to a place that I'm already giving my money

Yeah, they definitely usually have the pitcher (I don't believe they had it last night) but I don't see that as safe at all. Maybe I usually just tip before they can charge me and they take that as the charge when I just see it as the tip.. Who knows... Either way, I'll never "pay" for a cup of water, especially to a place that I'm already giving my money

firstone charges 2 bucks for their cups of water. I wish they would just give up playing shows and go back to being a club so i never want to step through their doors anymore

I have a question on the appropriateness of record buying on RSD. I know that people often have multiple copies of records so that they can have one to listen to themselves, and one for trade bait... is it appropriate to buy 2 copies of creatin things that I want for the sole purpose of trying to trade for something in the future? I'm not really certain what the "unwritten" rules are and I know that flipping is often looked down upon, but I wasn't sure if buying extra copies for trading was an unethical practice or not.

Also... if anyone was interested in chillin and having a BBQ after spending the day at Park Ave CD's, just let me know. My house has a pool and plenty of space hanging out. So if you want to, just hit me up and let me know. I'll make my cute neighbor come over as an added incentive.

I have a question on the appropriateness of record buying on RSD. I know that people often have multiple copies of records so that they can have one to listen to themselves, and one for trade bait... is it appropriate to buy 2 copies of creatin things that I want for the sole purpose of trying to trade for something in the future? I'm not really certain what the "unwritten" rules are and I know that flipping is often looked down upon, but I wasn't sure if buying extra copies for trading was an unethical practice or not.

Regardless of the ethical answer, Pretty sure Park Ave limits all RSD releases to 1 per customer. Just a heads up

definitely, I've been to a few stores on RSD and I love how park ave runs it. Granted, it takes forever, but its organized and theres TONS of free crap! I mean, last year I walked out with a free shirt, coffee cup, stickers, postcards, cd's, a few LP's and a heap of 7"s and a coupon book for park ave as well. Not to mention cupcakes and stuff too. I think the free stuff was given according to how much you spent but it was nice stuff

Yeah... Park Ave usually only lets you get one copy. That being said, I've gone back the day after and picked up an extra copy of something for a friend. Park Ave usually has an extensive selection of the RSD stuff and you'd be surprised what is left the next day.

Last year they were handing out free breakfast sandwiches while you waited in line... that was a plus!! And then there was free beer when you finally made it out of the store. I know it's a bitch getting in the place, but all in all they make it a good experience given what you're dealing with.