John Peel's Collection Online

I was just looking at this... the layout is fucking outstanding. If you could take that presentation and use it with something like discogs so you could peruse a list of albums and then add them to your own personal "shelf collection" it would be so rad. You could have sub-collections, a want shelf, etc.

Does anyone here care about the content of the collection rather than the html/flash used to document it? What, not enough variants or colored vinyl?

Does anyone here care about the content of the collection rather than the html/flash used to document it? What, not enough variants or colored vinyl?

The guy loved music so much he had a lyric from The Undertones' "Teenage Kicks" engraved on his tombstone.

I, for one, would love to see what records he owned. It's too bad they are only doing the first 100 records from each letter of the alphabet.

I didn't actually mention anything because I tend to think most people's knowledge of music outside of 2000's pop punk is severely limited, so I thought I would be talking to myself. But, some gems I found:

A10 - Sex God Wars

Abaddon - Wet Za Wet (Polish punk)

Abrasive Wheels - When The Punks Go Marching In

The Accused albums he has are nice

Johnny Ace - Memorial album (50's R&B singer)

When did you become that guy?

After reading tons of posts on this board that made me realize I was swimming in a sea of hobbyists.