best NASCAR paint scheme / Talladega Nights

I can't imagine there are many NASCAR fans here, but there's got to be a few people who will appreciate this

[image]

http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2012/51cup.htm

Phoenix Racing, Busch to announce sponsor: UPDATES: Tuesday, #51-Kurt Busch posted the following message to Twitter, "Big sponsor announcement Friday for @PhoenixRacing51 -- be on the look out".(5-2-2012)

UPDATE: per Kurt Busch's Facebook, he will run a Ricky Bobby "ME" scheme from Talladega Nights at Talladega Superspeedway this weekend. The car will also carry the logo of the Armed Forces Foundation along with a message on the decklid "Text AFF to 50555 to donate $5". See images of the car on his Facebook page, twitter or my #51 Team Schemes page.(5-4-2012)

UPDATE 2: Getting permission to bring the movie car to life was no easy task. Busch's girlfriend, Patricia Driscoll, is the head of the Armed Forces Foundation and approached team owner James Finch with an idea to run a Talladega Nights car while raising awareness for her organization, which does charitable work with armed services members suffering from post traumatic stress disorder. Driscoll worked behind the scenes for two months to get approval for the car, which was far more complicated than you might imagine. After lower-level execs at Sony Pictures rejected the idea, Driscoll pulled some strings and finally got the studio's president on the phone. "He was like, 'Yes! This is an awesome idea. Let's do this!'" she said. But even after Sony approved, there were still others who had to sign on. For example:

• The picture of the cougar on the car is actually "Karen," the cougar who co-starred in the movie. Because Busch's car needed to use the photo, Driscoll had to get permission from Karen's handler - and the photographer who took the picture for the hood.

• Every company whose logo appeared on the movie car had to agree not to be on the real-life version.

• Will Ferrell's people had to agree to Busch's use of the car.

And finally, Finch had to agree as well. It took until Monday to get the team owner to sign off on the idea after some initial hesitation. Busch and his crew plan to drop lines from the movie over the team radio all weekend, which will include referring to crew chief Nick Harrison as "Lucius Washington." Driscoll joked about Busch's often-vitriolic radio communications by saying it was the one time where he would actually WANT fans to listen.(SB Nation)(5-5-2012)

I think another part of the reason this happened is that kurt busch has been running without a primary sponsor for a few weeks, so that parallel works pretty well here

and, yes, I do watch NASCAR, and, yes, I do dominate my dad's work's fantasy NASCAR league. some dad's take their sons hunting, mine liked watching racing. I think I'm fine with that...

oh, and one more thing:

Since Friday's practice, he has been carrying a stuffed cougar in his car. "Karen" (named after the cougar in the movie) will remain in the car Sunday and another will be on the pit box as mascot.

"We've got her stuffed in the back (of the cockpit) right above the coolbox," Busch said with a mischievous smile. "I talked to some of the NASCAR official directors, and, uh, they're looking the other way. I tied it down (with) a loop of safety wire. No drivers have said anything about it, and I just see her left ear in the mirror, so it's down low enough."

Don't watch much or follow much but I enjoy it when I see it. What's the one sentense explaination of what we're looking at here?

in the will ferrell movie "talladega nights", he drove a car with this paint scheme when he made his comeback. here's ricky bobby's car:

[image]

is that what you're looking for?

Ah yes, thank you. That is funny/cool.