Giving it all up

Guest soulcrusher

Guest soulcrusher

I'm so sick of the house payment, car payments, and all the misc bills. I hate my job and dread going to work every day. I want to just give it all up, move to a cabin in the woods and live off the land. Then inevitably die of starvation because I don't know how to do that.

Seriously, I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Guest soulcrusher

I appreciate the support! I have some good stuff. Quite a few NOFX (including the 7" special edition collection) and various other Fat records. The rest is misc punk, metal, pop, country (just Cash and Jennings), and whatnot.

Guest soulcrusher

I'm putting off going to bed as long as I can. I'm gonna be worthless at work tomorrow, but who gives a shit. Me? Nope, not so much. How's everybody else doing this evening?

I like the sound of that. By the way in response to the op I know how you feel. I dread monday morning and everything that comes with it. I basically work for bills with a occasional week I have a but if extra money. I'm at the point that I hate being at work cause it sucks so much. I feel sick sometimes just being there. Yeah life sucks but like I say every morning... Fuck it here goes another day.

Guest soulcrusher
I like the sound of that. By the way in response to the op I know how you feel. I dread monday morning and everything that comes with it. I basically work for bills with a occasional week I have a but if extra money. I'm at the point that I hate being at work cause it sucks so much. I feel sick sometimes just being there. Yeah life sucks but like I say every morning... Fuck it here goes another day.

That's what I'm talking about man. Just hating it every day. Life does suck.

Guest soulcrusher
sounds like soulcrushed not soulcrusher...amirite

i barely make enough each month to cover bills and we're usually overdrawn like a week/week and a half before payday at first of the next month...good times since i got laid off...

You are right. Best of luck out there man.

could be worse for me. i could be stuck in one of those soulcrushing (cube) jobs like i was back in the day. haha. right now i'm just scraping by doing independent contractor work that i can get and spending time w/ the kid taking her to school and stuff. work from home, spin records while i work.

i haven't had to liquidate my record collection, which i don't really want to have to resort to (again). i had to do that back in the early 2000s.

if i lose the independent contractor gig i have for whatever reason, i will really be plumb screeeeewed tho.

Guest soulcrusher
could be worse for me. i could be stuck in one of those soulcrushing (cube) jobs like i was back in the day. haha. right now i'm just scraping by doing independent contractor work that i can get and spending time w/ the kid taking her to school and stuff. work from home, spin records while i work.

i haven't had to liquidate my record collection, which i don't really want to have to resort to (again). i had to do that back in the early 2000s.

if i lose the independent contractor gig i have for whatever reason, i will really be plumb screeeeewed tho.

Dude the soulcrushing cube job is what I'm in. I hope things continue to go well for you. Working from home is awesome. I used to do that myself.

I'm in a similar situation to you I think, except I have a soulcrushing manufacturing job. It sucks working a job that actively sucks the satisfaction out of your life.

Finding the way out is key. I think I'm going to start going back to school at a local tech. (Even though the last time I went I was told that I would be banned until I apologize to the Dean and a Teacher, and last time I tried to re-enroll I was told I'll need approval.)

It comes down to I know I'm not living up to my potential, and I need to start pushing myself. Even if it's tough. Even if at times I want to stop. I know the only way out of this rut is hardwork.

You obviously didn't see "The Cabin in the Woods"... haha, jk jk. Just trying to bring the humor.

But in all seriousness, I've been there man. I just quit a really good paying job with benefits to go back to school because I want to do something I love, and not just work for the man. Now I have no money and lots of bills and a bunch of student loans.

Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up...

Ouch, that sucks. I'm in school for Cisco Networking and hate it with a passion. My current job is super mind numbing, and I hate it. I feel like I'll never be happy with a career I choose.

Guest soulcrusher

Ollin, I don't want to discourage you from the IT field. Lots of people love it. But, if you realize you hate it already, it's not too late to change paths. It's your life and you only have one. Do what you want to do.