Denon AH-D5000 and vinyl. Are they good?

Two years ago I purchased the AD-H1000. It's a great headphone for a low price, packs punch, but no bass.

After stepping on them one too many times, the ear cups no longer hold in and the way I taped it all together is too uncomfortable, so I decided to buy a new a pair.

I ordered the 1100, but after I released it has the same faulty cup placement design and very impressed by amazing reviews, ordered the 5000 as well.

The 1100 packs bass. But lacks in clarity.

The 5000 is disappointing. It makes mp3s sound like records, which is kind of disturbing.. but the sound is kind of bland and lacks punch.

But what's bothering me is the sound on vinyl. I just replaced my cartridge (Denon 110) so no problem there. The vocals hiss and sound tinny. The bass is low and muddy. Everything is TOO clear. There's no punch. The faults of the vinyl format are revealed.

The 5000 are a quality headphone and very comfortable. I don't want to regret returning them. Has anyone used them or a similar phone for an extended period of time?

Thanks for your time.

The faults of the vinyl format are revealed.

Close to this. Not the faults of the format in general, just the records you/we buy. Unless your collection consists of mostly MFSL, Classic Records, RTI, Nimbus etc. releases, you're going to get to this conclusion sooner or later. This is why I've turned down every opportunity to upgrade my analog source components, for the records I buy it's just not worth it.

Of course any number of factors could be the reason for your disappointment in reproduced sound - arm, phono stage, headphone amp - but what you're describing is exactly what I've gathered from numerous listening sessions on many different setups using the records I own.