Fingerprints RSD 2012

Good afternoon VC,

I was wondering if any of you attended RSD 2012 at Fingerprints in Long Beach, CA. This was my first RSD and I had a pretty good haul: Black Keys, Anberlin, Taking Back Sunday, Tegan & Sara, Animal Collective, Bruno Mars, m83, and Florence + The Machine.

My friend noticed at the checkout counter a sign saying if you look like a flipper, they can refuse service to you. I've been wondering how do they go about doing this, even with a 1 copy limit/person rule (which I think is a good rule). Do they stereotype potential flippers? Do they ask you questions to determine if you're a fan of any of the artists' music you're about to buy?

I was kind of freaking out that I won't get the music I wanted that day because my selection seemed a little diverse imo.

To answer your question, they might overhear people talking about selling them online ebay or have another customer tell them they think they are flipping. Sometimes they ask you about the bands you are buying to see if you really are a fan. They notice if you are with someone else and are both buying the same exact records by the armloads. Im not sure if that is how Fingerprints runs, but thats how stores around here do it. Not exactly foolproof, but thats how they do it around here.