taking my insurance license exam tomorrow...

wondering if anyone else has been in this boat and might be able to offer some tips.

i took the accident & health test 2 months ago, and missed it... by 1 point (i blame it on the handful of questions about pregnancy and abortion that werent covered at all in the material i studied). i take that again tuesday, and im fairly confident in my ability to get it done this time around.

but tomorrow, i take the life insurance exam. not having taken this already, im just wondering what portion of the material to expect this to cover.

any help is extremely appreciated.

thanks.

fortunately i was able to find an outline of whats covered on the testing website. so im already feeling better about myself.

i also feel good about my ability to sell. in my current job, i do bullshit sales... pushing timeshares on people. im terrible at it, but its because i know that what im selling is bullshit, and my customers probably get that vibe from me. its just not easy to tell someone about a "product" they were oblivious to, and get them to put $40 in my pocket for something they probably dont need at all.

with insurance, however, ill be selling medicaid. something that people not only NEED, but that is relevant and beneficial.

it doesnt show on here, but im actually a very nice person with a great, honest attitude with the people i converse with. i think that gets in my way at my current job, because my interactions usually last about 2-10 minutes. people find it easy to reply to my brief politeness with a brief no. whereas with insurance ill have the ability to sit down with someone, build some relevant rapport, and grow on them- and then give them the chance to actually review the material before deciding what they want to do. such a far cry from the crap im stuck with now.

/tangent ala needing a quick study break.

thanks.

fortunately i was able to find an outline of whats covered on the testing website. so im already feeling better about myself.

i also feel good about my ability to sell. in my current job, i do bullshit sales... pushing timeshares on people. im terrible at it, but its because i know that what im selling is bullshit, and my customers probably get that vibe from me. its just not easy to tell someone about a "product" they were oblivious to, and get them to put $40 in my pocket for something they probably dont need at all.

with insurance, however, ill be selling medicaid. something that people not only NEED, but that is relevant and beneficial.

it doesnt show on here, but im actually a very nice person with a great, honest attitude with the people i converse with. i think that gets in my way at my current job, because my interactions usually last about 2-10 minutes. people find it easy to reply to my brief politeness with a brief no. whereas with insurance ill have the ability to sit down with someone, build some relevant rapport, and grow on them- and then give them the chance to actually review the material before deciding what they want to do. such a far cry from the crap im stuck with now.

/tangent ala needing a quick study break.

Where is the Timeshare located?

so after taking a closer look at the test outline, i realized that about 30% of the test was covered in my material. i'm now 11 hours away from the test, and have about 70 pages of catch up reading to do with a pdf course that i found, and am probably using illegally.

i have every intention of demanding my money back from the online course i paid for.

so after taking a closer look at the test outline, i realized that about 30% of the test was covered in my material. i'm now 11 hours away from the test, and have about 70 pages of catch up reading to do with a pdf course that i found, and am probably using illegally.

i have every intention of demanding my money back from the online course i paid for.

Best of luck man.

yup. missed it by 6 points.

because i was entirely fried by the time i got to the chapters on annuities and taxation, and totally bombed those sections.

and im not even that pissed about the delay in starting this job- i just dont have the mental capacity to go back to my current job.

the worst part is that the results only show how many you got right per section, but not which ones you got right or wrong.

there were probably 10-20 questions that i was able to look at and say its either this or that... i make just a few 50/50 decisions differently and everything changes.

Sucks dude, how long do you have to wait until you can take it again?

im not sure. i tried going on the website to check, but www.prometric.com is literally the worst service-based website ive ever used. and the phone lines only get worse. "if you would like to schedule an exam, please visit our website at h t t p colon forward slash w w w dot prometric dot com. that address again is..."

fucking. kill me.

but again, i go back tomorrow, so ill try to reschedule while there. the biggest problem is that the company i want to work for does a week long training course the last week of every month. as in next week. as in i cant start this job until the first week of august at the earliest.

Most of the time it's two weeks before you can take it again. Did they give you the break down for the areas? I've had tests that do that before so it can show what you did well in and what you need to study.

yeah, got my post test results. and it was really just the 2 chapters that i didnt/couldnt study that hurt me.

im not sure. i tried going on the website to check, but www.prometric.com is literally the worst service-based website ive ever used. and the phone lines only get worse. "if you would like to schedule an exam, please visit our website at h t t p colon forward slash w w w dot prometric dot com. that address again is..."

fucking. kill me.

I had to take a prometric exam in order to get into the teacher's college at my university and I feel your pain dude, prometric is one of the least user friendly sites I've ever used.

i passed!

still have to retake the life exam, but my boss is letting me get started on the training course next week. what an unbelievable relief.