20% off at vinyl junkie for the rest of the week

everything. all new stuff, all used stuff. all everything.

use it to get 20% off the 1 dollar CDs, and buy some 0.80 CDs. all the tapes are 1.60!

This sale starts now, and ends on midnight CST saturday, july 7.

use the code

blowout

when you check out, and it will automatically take 20% off everything.

Yeah, I just tried to order two CDs and here's the shipping options I got:

United States Postal Service shipping_usps.gif

$34.25 Express Mail (1 - 2 days)

$6.14 First-Class Mail (2 - 5 days)

$8.65 Priority Mail (2 - 3 days) Zone Rates

$5.33 Shipping to US

Shipping two CDs sure as shit doesn't cost $5.33 or $6.14—I think you have your shipping calculator off a bit...

to the guy asking about the LPs. yes, when you are ordering all LPs (and double LPs) like you were, the 10 dollar shipping sounds about right.

for the CDs.

yes it is set high for small packages. To be honest, i dont want to ship 2 CDs. thats $1.60 total, and im losing money on them as it is, and i hate shipping out small packages of 1 or 2 CDs or 7"s. Its just not worth it when the margin is already so low. So the opening shipping price is set high on purpose to discourage single orders and/or encourage adding a few more items to your cart.

i think the lowest shipping price is like 4.85 for a single item.

but you can get 10 7" for just a couple dollars more.

also, after the mailer, supplies, and the shipping (which exact postage is 3.19 on 2 CDs) that leaves less than a dollar you are overpaying for your 2 CDs @ 5.33. Complaining about overpaying on shipping by a buck when you are buying 2 CDs for 80 cents each is just AWESOME!

to the guy asking about the LPs. yes, when you are ordering all LPs (and double LPs) like you were, the 10 dollar shipping sounds about right.

for the CDs.

yes it is set high for small packages. To be honest, i dont want to ship 2 CDs. thats $1.60 total, and im losing money on them as it is, and i hate shipping out small packages of 1 or 2 CDs or 7"s. Its just not worth it when the margin is already so low. So the opening shipping price is set high on purpose to discourage single orders and/or encourage adding a few more items to your cart.

i think the lowest shipping price is like 4.85 for a single item.

but you can get 10 7" for just a couple dollars more.

also, after the mailer, supplies, and the shipping (which exact postage is 3.19 on 2 CDs) that leaves less than a dollar you are overpaying for your 2 CDs @ 5.33. Complaining about overpaying on shipping by a buck when you are buying 2 CDs for 80 cents each is just AWESOME!

intentionally making the shipping prices higher than they should be just because you're lazy and/or cheap is AWESOME! never thought i see any business actually discourage transactions. i thought about placing an order because of this sale but i never will after reading that.

thank you. more records for the rest of the people who may appreciate them.

also, i pay someone to package and ship records 40 hours a week. when you run a business, and have to come up with hundreds of dollars a week just for shipping, then get back to me about charging exact postage.

if you dont think that EVERY business out there makes shipping prices "higher than they should be" to cover costs like supplies and shipping department payroll , than you are either 15 and dont know how the world works, or you are just very naive and never owned a business.

why do you think that distros like ebullition that have existed for decades set minimum order amounts.....so they dont have to waste their time packaging and shipping single 7" orders.

Or why do you think when you buy 1 item on ebay, its 4 bucks, but each item after that only adds a buck or two. shipping is always higher for 1 item than "postage cost", and buying multiple items is always cheaper per item. in almost EVERY mailorder business.

Packaging and shipping a package with 4 7"s takes just about the same amount of time, and money in supplies as shipping a single 7". Since the markup is about 1 dollar on a 7", that means that if everyone ordered 1 single 7" from me, then i would spend 8 hours and getting roughly 25-30 dollars of "profit", and at the end of the day i would have spent 70 dollars in payroll.

boy. look at me getting rich off you. im such a capitalist pig!

also, im not ashamed to say...if you only want to order 1 cheap cd/record. i dont want your business. im not desperate for money, nor am i desperate for orders, and id rather you bought that one record straight from the label or band and supported them anyway. or id rather you go to your local record store and support them. i dont want to take the place of a label/store/band.

the whole purpose a distro exists is so you can get a bunch of stuff all at once so you can save yourself the hassle of ordering from 15 different places.

that sentiment might sound rude i know, but id go out of business at this point (or would have to raise the prices on my product significantly) if i had to spend all day shipping out 80 cent CDs all by themselves.

entitlement rules.

intentionally making the shipping prices higher than they should be just because you're lazy and/or cheap is AWESOME! never thought i see any business actually discourage transactions. i thought about placing an order because of this sale but i never will after reading that.

More whining from Shat. What a surprise. Charging one extra buck (or even a tiny bit more) to cover packaging, gas, time etc etc is not a big deal at all so dry your tears and wipe your shitty ass already. VJD is a damn fine distro with fantastic service and I'm happy to be a repeat customer with him. I have no problem whatsoever paying an extra buck or two to cover expenses such as the ones mentioned above.

Thanks for the sale VJD, it's much appreciated. My work made a semi large tape order on Thursday.

Ordered a couple of 7"s a week or so ago. Didn't really mind paying a couple dollars more for shipping because I hadn't found one of the 7"s anywhere else. Actually added the 2nd one because shipping on the first was high, so you're method worked on me, haha.

I also know I'll get my order quickly and securely from Vinyl Junkie, which is worth something as well.

Got a problem with it, just don't order, save the whining for a Blink or Brand New thread.