PO: Katatonia - Dead End Kings (Deluxe and 2LP)

https://www.burnings...oduct/241/3972/

The deluxe edition of Katatonia's 2012 album.

Limited edition of just 2000 copies.

Packaged in a 40 page 10" book with a certificate, the set contains 2 x 10" vinyl, CD with 2 bonus tracks and DVD-A/V (ntsc region 0) with 5.1 mix (DTS).

Available now at a special pre-order price of £34.99

The 2LP is also available from them but it's on Amazon too: http://www.amazon.co...43238276&sr=8-1

Deluxe edish sounds awesome, but way too pricey for US buyers like myself.

Morfiend, are you getting the deluxe?

SIDE A

1. The Parting (4:52)

2. The One You Are Looking For Is No (3:52)

3. Hypone (4:07)

SIDE B

1. The Racing Heart (4:06)

2. Buildings (3:28)

3. Leech (4:23)

SIDE C

1. Ambitions (5:07)

2. Undo You (4:56)

SIDE D

1. Lethean (4:39)

2. First Prayer (4:28)

3. Dead Letters (4:49)

Not sure how much music a 10" can hold, but the songs are pretty short. Kinda just wish they just did a single LP for this.

• 4 weeks later...

So after several listens I'm pretty impressed with Dead End Kings. I think the songwriting and overall flow of the album is much better than Night Is The New Day, which didn't have much staying power with me. The only 2 songs that are just ok are Leech and Dead Letters, the rest are great. I have to admit that after my first listen I was somewhat disappointed since the band's sound hadn't progressed that much and the songs seemed to blend together a bit. After a few more listens though I got hooked. This review here pretty much sums up my feelings on the album (I completely agree with the thoughts on Jonas's vocal range and the guitar work from Anders) -

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/174227/9

Hmm, I was afraid I would feel the same way about the album. Haven't been impressed by the two released snippets for similar reasons... I thought they hit the water mark of their recent pro-tools era with Forsaker off Night is the New Day. The best song on that in my opinion was the most experimental "Departer" and most of that was due to the guest vocals. I do love Jonas vocals, they are just so original, but I think if they went more raw and experimental on the next one it would be a breath of fresh air.

• 3 weeks later...