Fans of Jawbreaker/Jets to Brazil -- forgetters full length album

finally got a chance to check out the samples. i'm stoked for this! there's some hooky shit happening, and it has an identity to itself that the ep was lacking. sounds like a band with a sound now, and one that's as different from from his other bands as those were from each other. can't wait to get this! it may not be as rocking as the live shows have implied, but i have no problem with that.

I either saw or read an interview where Blake was going on about being really into theater and broadway musicals and shit right now. And that it was a big influence on him. I'll try and track down the interview. But it seems he's taking that element and adding it to the forgetters direction. Which I don't like at all. The forgetters sound incredible live. The pulsating guitar, incredible lyrics with a dark, but touching display of affection, that you can only get from Mr. Schwarzenbach, good bass lines, and a drummer splashing in to to pick the songs up and give it that edge just needed. These samples are very very disappointing to me. But I don't like change, in fact, just give me a new Jawbreaker record. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Is this shipping yet? I'm eager to hear these. I haven't listened to the samples yet, but if I get a link to mp3 download I may fold and listen before the record comes

I think it did ship on Monday. I didn't receive an email but if you check your "order status" on the midheaven.com site, it says "shipped"; as of Monday.

• 4 weeks later...