post marked stamps

claytin269

i bought two copies, one with gold sleeves and one with the full artwork versions, both around $60 or so about 2 years back

Wait, there is a full-artwork boxset, too?

Originally the dude at tree was either giving away or selling for a reasonable price the boxes to people who had collected all the original issues of the 7"s. Those original issues had the full artwork. I would imagine that the full collection of those would be hard to find, but anything is possible.

What the balls... another GD variation?! I thought I had this shit taken care of! How many of the greenies are out there?

Okay, so I understand this whole thing now. People who subscribed to the series got full-package copies of all the releases and the box to put them in; then after the series' completion, the dude sold 300 box sets with the records in either gold or green sleeves and no excess packaging (this also explains why there was a CD insert inside the box set I got).

Andy, there were 200 gold-sleeve box sets and 100 green-sleeve box sets, according to Tree's pressing info page on treerecords.com. Of course, that doesn't explain this:

[image]

White sleeves WTF?

What the balls... another GD variation?! I thought I had this shit taken care of! How many of the greenies are out there?

Okay, so I understand this whole thing now. People who subscribed to the series got full-package copies of all the releases and the box to put them in; then after the series' completion, the dude sold 300 box sets with the records in either gold or green sleeves and no excess packaging (this also explains why there was a CD insert inside the box set I got).

Andy, there were 200 gold-sleeve box sets and 100 green-sleeve box sets, according to Tree's pressing info page on treerecords.com. Of course, that doesn't explain this:

[image]

White sleeves WTF?

this is what mine looks like

as i mentioned, i have the full artwork sleeve version & the gold version. i would be happy to take pics. i dont really know much about the history of them, so i am assuming the information you guys provided is correct. i never actually saw or knew about the full artwork version so when i saw it up on ebay back then i grabbed it. i have no idea how many are out there, of course it would be nice to know. i wonder how many subscribers there was at the time...