Moneen- The Red Tree hand-numbered /300

gravitylovesdrunks

i remember at least one person wanting this record. i saw it in a shop today, it's hand-numbered 168/300. only catch is that it's $26.99, and after tax + shipping it (it's a double record), it would be about a $45 venture on my behalf. if there's someone here who wants it bad enough, let he or she post!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abravemorning
i remember at least one person wanting this record. i saw it in a shop today, it's hand-numbered 168/300. only catch is that it's $26.99, and after tax + shipping it (it's a double record), it would be about a $45 venture on my behalf. if there's someone here who wants it bad enough, let he or she post!

PMED!

hey patrick. was it you that originally posted the desire for this album? i'm all for doing little favours here and there for people, but considering the rarity of this record plus the $45 shlep, i'd like to at least profit a little bit- either in terms of cash or getting some vinyl that i'd really like...

Guest abravemorning

No, it wasn't me who originally posted a want thread for this, but I think there's been several. However, this is a record I would really like to have, and I'd be willing to pay a good price for it. PM me and let's talk.

yes, as in more than one, but i'm not sure exactly how many- i only know "multiple"- and even though there are multiple copies, it is still hand-numbered and limited to 300, so it's still just as rare. additionally, it needs to remain worth my while and be to people that i trust to get me the payment in a fashionable manner. also, as i stated i'm not sure how many copies i will be able to purchase, or how many they have in stock. i believe i should already have 3 or 4 accounted for, and don't know if i'd want to buy many more than that. firstly, the guy will probably give me a funny look at the very least. secondly, i'll be dropping at least $120 on the records tomorrow, and then over an additional $50 to ship all of these out. so while i have most of the sales accounted for, it's still an investment that i'm making and a rarity that i've found. for these reasons i feel that i am entitled to reject offers (although not one reasonable offer has been turned down).

alright so here's the deal: some asshole called in this morning three times to reserve two copies of this record, and it was most likely a dickhead from this board. why do i think that? because these copies have been there for four months according to the owner and not one of them has been bought. so i think some fucker snaked me. i was only able to get one copy of this record, and i feel awful for promising a copy to two people (patrickgsf and bruins4ever). if the asshole that reserved two copies doesn't show today, the owner said they're mine, and they would definitely go to you two. he said he might be able to get more in, but that's probably pretty doubtful. this copy is probably going to get thrown up on ebay since a number have people have expressed interest in it, and a copy has already been promised to two different people (again, very sorry), and there's no way everyone involved in this is going to turn out happy- myself included.

Ok, well keep me posted man. Fuck... I hope this guy doesn't show up.

yeah dude i feel fucking awful about it. i was pissed for a while. the owner's supposed to call me if the dude doesn't show but i'll check in anyway later tonight and definitely snatch up the two remaining copies if they somehow remain.