PO- Nas- Illmatic in bundles

I wasn't allowed to post this, but its hitting music sites so Ill post it...

1354821198-m.jpgThis is $19.94 http://www.getondown...um.php?id=15680 (get to other bundles from there)

Vinyl Includes:

- Vinyl LP packaged with full lyric insert

- 48 page full-color, hard cover liner notes book including extended artwork, full album lyrics and liner notes from The Source founder Jon Shecter.

- A reproduction of the original 1994 illmatic press release

- Two 8 x10 glossy promo photo's used in the illmatic campaign

- Rare 1994 promotional poster with full album lyrics printed on the back

1354817290-m.jpg$49.94 (looks a lot better on the site where you can see detail)

Bundle Includes:

- 24k Audiophile Gold Disc CD with re-mastered audio, housed in a "Cherrywood Trophy Box" with gold plaque

- Vinyl LP packaged with full lyric insert

- 48 page full-color, hard cover book including extended artwork, full album lyrics and liner notes from The Source founder Jon Shecter

- A reproduction of the original 1994 Illmatic press release

- Two 8” x10” glossy promo photos used in the Illmatic campaign

- Rare 1994 promotional poster with full album lyrics printed on the back

- Black 2-Piece outer box for the CD with original 'Nas' promo sticker. This is exclusive to all orders placed on Get on Down.com

On one hand, it is no great surprise to me that this thread has 3 replies as the thread about making a Twitter version of this message board approaches 7 pages.

On the other hand, here we have an opportunity to buy a remastered reissue of the greatest rap debut of all time, and it comes with a poster and a hardcover book, put out by Get On Down who do excellent work, and you morons don't even care!

The CD version is remastered. Unless they somehow got the plates from whoever did the last vinyl reissue (which appears to be the 2005 Simply Vinyl reissue in Europe), they'd have had to cut new plates. If they remastered the audio for CD, they most likely would go ahead and use that new master to cut the new plates. Besides, unlike most music, 90s rap usually benefits from a remastering. To me, it always sounds really flat and dull sonically, the sound needs some punch to complement the music.