PO: Marnie Stern - The Chronicles of Marnia

yancey47

Guest deathbydrums

why do you need two?

not trying to start anything, but why are you so nosy?  

i see this here and clicked away and in another thread you're asking someone else, "didn't you already sell a copy"?

Edit: There's also a track up at the link now... mighty fine!  Was wondering if Zach Hill played on this but it's pretty clear that this is not him on the recording.  Bah wellz, still great!

not trying to start anything, but why are you so nosy?  

i see this here and clicked away and in another thread you're asking someone else, "didn't you already sell a copy"?

Edit: There's also a track up at the link now... mighty fine!  Was wondering if Zach Hill played on this but it's pretty clear that this is not him on the recording.  Bah wellz, still great!

im not nosy, flippers and scammers suck and im happy to call them out at any chance possible.

I think it needs be said that there is a difference between someone who buys a record just to flip and those who buy records they like but flip them later for money for other things they want or for newer pressings. 

I get the hatred for exploitation but not for people who clearly love records.

Your strategy operates on a flawed principle, which is that flippers have shame and/or care about your opinion of them. The side effect (looking like a nosy bitch), however, is very apparent.

Source: I'm a sometime flipper. I have no shame, and I don't care what you think.

thats cool, cause i dont care what you think of me either!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest deathbydrums

Got this in yesterday. It's her calmest album but also maybe her best. Going to need more listens but I like it for sure. She's clearly becoming a better songwriter.

I saw an interview where she explains and admits to "dumbing down" her music for this album so that its a little more accessible. She said that if she didn't she wouldn't be able to continue making music because challenging music doesn't typically pay the bills.

I ordered this back in December... really hoping I get a gold variant.  But I'm excited either way as the ablum is fantastic (listened to the entire thing digitally already).

Got an e-mail from the distro (Blue Collar Industries) that it shipped March 19th.  Hoping it comes in the mail today!

OK, after posting this, I went to the mail box, and BOOM!  It was here.

Vinyl looks great.  More orange than gold.  And is sotra transluecent with some subtle swirls.

Poster is pretty underwhelming (but I don't really care about posters anyways).  A Kill Rock Stars temp tattoo.  It also came with a CD with four songs that appear to be B-sides.  Not really sure what they are as I don't recognize the titles (Plainnn, Bullshitbattle-1006, Pocketmesin3, Dumberdown) or songs. 

I took a picture, but I don't know how to add a picture via my computer rather than from the web.