PO: Mogwai - Les Revenants 10"

Guest deathbydrums

Pretty sure it is in limbo. I have heard Stuart mention it over the past couple years but no definite plans.

My favorite album of theirs as well. I would love some bonus material.

Pretty sure it is in limbo. I have heard Stuart mention it over the past couple years but no definite plans.

My favorite album of theirs as well. I would love some bonus material.

A bit of a bummer, but oh well.  The wait continues.  I snooped around for some info on this not too long ago, and stumbled across someone who e-mailed the band, I believe, and they confirmed a 2012 release date, along with a repress of Rock Action.  So my fingers are still crossed that it'll happen sooner than later, at this point.

Also, does anyone know where an "affordable" copy of Young Team can be obtained?  I've been considering springing for that x4 LP set... but I don't know if I can justify the price of the extra content.  I just don't know if I'll revisit it too often.  But if that's available for $80, retail, and copies of just the original record fetch $100 on eBay, it seems like a no-brainer.

A bit of a bummer, but oh well. The wait continues. I snooped around for some info on this not too long ago, and stumbled across someone who e-mailed the band, I believe, and they confirmed a 2012 release date, along with a repress of Rock Action. So my fingers are still crossed that it'll happen sooner than later, at this point.

Also, does anyone know where an "affordable" copy of Young Team can be obtained? I've been considering springing for that x4 LP set... but I don't know if I can justify the price of the extra content. I just don't know if I'll revisit it too often. But if that's available for $80, retail, and copies of just the original record fetch $100 on eBay, it seems like a no-brainer.

I got sick of waiting for the deluxe reissue so I just ended up springing for an original a few months ago. I won't mind having two copies if it ever does get released. One of the best albums i have ever heard.

I got my original Young Team for like $60 but they might go for more. I'd go for the box. The bonus songs are cool and the live songs are actually really awesome. I have been meaning to get the box but can't justify spending so much for a couple extra tracks. I have the CD anyway.

when it comes to Mogwai (probably my favorite band), I've learned to not snooze at all on any of their vinyl releases. You never know when they are going to disappear. US distribution of their releases prior to the Sub Pop deal was spotty at best, even with Matador. And it looks like this soundtrack might not even get US release at all.