PO: Lillingtons - Shit out of Luck Cassette /250

My buddy Ryan at Jolly Ronnie Records got the heads up from Clearview to press The Lillingtons - Shit out of Luck on cassette. I'm sure everyone whose into pop punk knows how awesome this album is. This is Kody from Teenage Bottlerocket's band before he joined TBR (for those of you who aren't familiar with The Lillingtons). Limited to 250. Only available through Interpunk. 

http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=208707&

U
PDATE: 408482_368218266609229_445158213_n.jpg

When you purchase one of the cassettes you are automatically entered into a draw to win a FREE LILLINGTONS BOX SET TEST PRESS!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

I like my odds. Should buy more...

I've already ordered two, but I'm tempted to order more. Besides, even if you don't win, you're helping out an incredible label! 

that raffle might be the only way to move 250 tapes of this...

Although 250 is a huge number, I don't think Jolly Ronnie will have a hard time selling out of them.

When it comes to lillingtons 250 isn't a lot. It's just that no one wants tapes. If they didn't have concerns with it selling out the raffle wouldn't say "until the last tape is sold or July 1" this (the cassette) has been on interpunks website for a month now.

Tapes are useless.

When it comes to lillingtons 250 isn't a lot. It's just that no one wants tapes. If they didn't have concerns with it selling out the raffle wouldn't say "until the last tape is sold or July 1" this (the cassette) has been on interpunks website for a month now.

Tapes are useless.

I guess you're right. I still love tapes though. 

/250 on vinyl woulda sold out in a heartbeat...

i do have a major soft spot for tapes...i loved my tape collection growing up...but no way i need any now...

i know cassettes are the 'hipster fad' of the moment...but i don't really get it. some people prob say the same thing about vinyl but it's apples/oranges to me.

Was the tape ever on the front page? Was a cd of this ever released? For me, it's a way to hear the album without downloading. I have a tape player in my truck, but think it needs to be cleaned. Title Fight sounds like shit.

A tour version of the CD was released. I believe it was also /300. 

/250 on vinyl woulda sold out in a heartbeat...

i do have a major soft spot for tapes...i loved my tape collection growing up...but no way i need any now...

i know cassettes are the 'hipster fad' of the moment...but i don't really get it. some people prob say the same thing about vinyl but it's apples/oranges to me.

Tapes may be a fad to some degree, but it's a format that I'm familiar with. I grew up listening to tapes, so much like you, I have a soft spot for them. I don't spend crazy amounts on them, but I'll buy one every now and then 

they also did the technically unsound CD boxset that had the original and remixed/remastered version of shit outta luck a few years ago...was there /1000 of those total? i don't remember.

i would imagine this is the remixed/remastered version they are using for the LP

I do believe it was /800 or /900 of the regular Technically Unsound copies and /50 - /100 of the metal tin ones? I don't remember either. 

I really hope that Todd decided to use the remastered versions for the LP. The sound was a lot more crisp and clear. 

• 3 weeks later...

Tapes are useless.

You are right. I have never sold out anything I have ever released. The concern that a release won't sell out was something I had in the 90's! Now it's just expected that I will be adding to my pile in the garage. But a chance to put out ANYTHING by the Lillingtons? Especially the album that I fell in love with first AND llistened to 1,000 times in my 1984 Blazer on a tape recorded from the LP. Only a fool would pass that shit up right? I would put out a Lillingtons 8-track, mini disc, laser disc, DAT tape or any other format if they let me! And I put the date on there so I don't have to drag the contest out forever and so the winner doesn't have to wait until the last one sells to win. It would be pretty stupid to have an open ended contest when I don't know who got what number and would have no way to contact winners etc. Some people think a Lillingtons tape is cool and so some people will buy it. I grew up on tapes. I like them despite all their faults.

As a music fan I want as many labels and bands putting out as much stuff as possible at all times. If you don't like it don't buy it, but why shit on people for putting music out there?

i didnt mean to offend you in any way, im sorry if you took it that way. i think its great what youre doing and putting it out. they just arent for me. i could have chosen better wording for sure.

sorry again if i offended you :D

I was in a bad mood. The clouds have lifted and all is well.