Replacing a Stylus / Cartridge

So I've been contemplating about replying my stock cartridge for something of better quality.

My question / concern is: if I haven't done this myself and have no experience in replacing something like this, is this just something I can "YouTube" and get away with doing with just a tutorial? Or is it something that should be taken care of with a lot of precision?

If so, can anyone recommend any shops (around the Los Angeles area) where I can get this installed? Thanks!

If you've never done it, its risky to try without some in person guidance. Just check out your local HiFi shops. Tell em you want a new cart, and ask if they will let you watch as they install it. Each cartridge is different. Some you can find online, but a video vs a person? Videos can't cover every angle.

It's harder to dial it in properly than it is to perform the swap. If a person feels comfortable and confident working with a screwdriver, tweezers, and one's hands, then do it. just know the risks and that there is a chance that the stylus can be damaged. Be careful and eveything should be OK.

I.ve changed plenty, the one problem I had was a clasp broke off of a tonearm wire when I pulled it off of the cartridge. I was grasping the clasp properly and was being very careful. The others came off fine. Just making sure that everyone knows that even when you are being careful, accidents happen.

If you don't think you can do it, or don't feel comfortable, then get a pro to do it. easy.