Music Hall 5.1 (barely used) for sale

I have a MMF 5.1 black table ready to be relocated.   Long story but bear with me.   Over the last few years I had been searching for a high-end table at a good price and last spring I was able to track one down that caught my interest.   On craigslist someone was offering a barely used MMF 5.1 for a firm $600. He stated the table in all original packaging had been sitting in his room, unused, since Christmas 2007 (about 5 years) and he simply did not want to buy records.   He did his research and because this unit included the original Goldring 1012 GX ($450 retail) stylus he was not budging on his price.   After e-mail contact, photos and having a little bit of extra money I decided to say “yes”.   So after traveling to his house, that was so immaculately cleaned, I knew this guy was not going to be a problem.    Brought the box home, watched the MMF setup video and I was all set.   I cannot explain why but once you use this unit everything else seems like a kiddie toy. 

Then wouldn’t you know it but two weeks later another MMF 5.1E comes up on craigslist with slight damage for a great price.   The next day I visit the consignment shop and the dust over is busted, arm holder is cracked and the unit shows light wear but this is a 5.1E with a Oroton Blue cartridge.   Talk him down to $200 and leave very happy.     Re-pack the new, clean and perfect black 5.1 in all original packaging after about 20 hours of use and one year later, here I am. 

So I have a lightly used, 30 hour or less, nearly perfect MMF 5.1 in original packaging ready to be sold for $600 + shipping (or you can pick it up for free).    Everything is included and serial number on bottom is 000746.   The box has the original shipping label from the Northhampton, MA store that received the table in 2007.   Insured shipping will be approximately $60.  Also will throw in a Music Hall cork mat ($35 value). 

Also willing to deal on this unit.   My ebay id is “mac1vinyl” to check my feedback.   Located in RI. 

Not my preference but I would be open to taking the Goldring 1012 GX cartridge off and sell the unit for less (send offer).   Also willing to trade this for records.   Send your offer.   

What about a lottery on this?  Say 40 tickets at $20 or 20 tickets at $40.    

Attn: ajxd - you seem very smart on this type of situtation.   Tell me what you think. 

Contact via PM or e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks for the consistent response.  Leaning this way but still need to work out details and timing. Maybe make this a little more interesting and add 2nd and 3rd place vinyl prizes?  Assuming tmbirh2001, and anyone with a similar entitled attitude, will not be involved.  

Can we really make a raffle work here?  

Yea raffles have worked here with more expensive vinyl and it sounds like people are interested. I think it would be fair to have 33 tickets at $20 a piece otherwise I don't know how well the raffle would go over. the 2nd and 3rd place prizes is also a pretty cool idea. Either way I'll ben keeping an eye on this

Thanks for the consistent response.  Leaning this way but still need to work out details and timing. Maybe make this a little more interesting and add 2nd and 3rd place vinyl prizes?  Assuming tmbirh2001, and anyone with a similar entitled attitude, will not be involved.  

Can we really make a raffle work here?  

Wheres my entitled attitude? You had me for $20 but now that I know you think Im a jerkoff, there's no way Im gonna risk my 20 bucks with your raffle. All I stated was that if you wanted to be fair and get the money you were looking for, 33 tickets would equal $660. 40 tickets would equal $800 and you would be making off with an extra $140 while also lowering everyones odds of winning as well. It just really didnt make any sense other than that you would be trying to profit off your original purchase. I just bought a Carbon, which Im very happy with and dont need your TT but figured Id help you out with giving 20 bucks on a raffle. Oh well, Im now out. 

Im just confused as to why would you think Ive got an "entitled" attitude over your raffle? Did I ask for better odds than anyone else would get or something? Did I not offer to help you sell your TT by throwing in $20 for the raffle? Asking people to hit you up with an extra $140 just because you have to write everyones name down and throw them all into a hat and pick out 1 name is really $140 worth of labor? seems like a more "entitled" attitude than anything Ive posted on here. 

All business majors here with all the answers.  Never seen a profit they couldn't keep for themselves.  Yea, this raffle won't work.    Thanks carbon boy, the smartest man in the room, all the time, every day.

We're all is this together.  Except you, your're a dick.   

Any serious offers can contact me. No raffle.  Will trade.   

All business majors here with all the answers. Never seen a profit they couldn't keep for themselves. Yea, this raffle won't work. Thanks carbon boy, the smartest man in the room, all the time, every day.

We're all is this together. Except you, your're a dick.

Any serious offers can contact me. No raffle. Will trade.

Why are you getting so mad? I was just using some logic here. Way to take your ball and go home because of what I said. All I was asking was why wouldn't it make more sense to do 33 tickets instead of 40. You were looking for $660 and 33 tickets is exactly the same money you were asking for. You can do 40 tickets if you want and Im sure some people still would be interested, just not me. Geez man, control your stress.

Also, I dont consider myself "the smartest man in the room" by being able to use simple multiplication techniques. Just figured 33 tickets would help you get the money you were looking for as well as helping your raffle patrons get better odds at winning. Thought it was a win-win for everyone, guess I was wrong and my sincere apologies to those for screwing it up for everyone.