iPad vs. iPad mini

Just got a Mini today and I'm leaning the other way in terms of typing. Right off, I'm able to type as quickly with less spelling errors than I was able to do on my larger iPad. Being five eighths of a pound versus a regular being roughly 1.5 makes a difference as it feels easier to grasp and I don't feel like I'm holding a slate. So far, I like it way more.

Finally held a mini yesterday and that thing is light! It's only a little smaller than the full sized yet it is so much lighter and is just compact enough to make it significantly more portable. The only notable difference I could point out was the keyboard size. If you pull apart the keyboard and type with your thumbs it is actually easier with the mini because Of its light weight, but I can see where people who would want to do a lot of typing would prefer the regular sized one, typing with the full key board is quicker and more comfortable. I have an iPad 2 right now and I love it and have no plans to upgrade but my wife is wanting an iPad now and I think she is going to go with the mini.

I have the most recent MacBook Air, an iPad 2, and an iPhone 4S. I hardly ever use the IPad. When I first got it, I thought I would use it all the time. I think if it were me, and I were buying an iPad now, I would probably go with the retina display New IPad. That being said, I would most likely wait for the mini iPad to come out with retina display, a feature most believe will be part of the refresh expected no later than the end of the summer. I think it would be worth the wait.