Need help picking a receiver

So in picking pieces for my new setup, Im stuck on what receiver/integrated power amp I should consider. My setup so far is going to look something like Project Debut Carbon, Cambridge Audio 651p, and Polk Audio Bookshelf speakers. If you guys have any recommendations that would be great. Should I go new or just try to find a good used one at a thrift shop?

why don't people just pm ajxd these questions that's what i will be doing when i need a new receiver

Ha I thought about doing that to him and bearchuck who helped recommend some preamps. I guess this way it will be available for others who may have the same question.

If you wanted to save some money, I'd sell you my Cambridge Audio 640p phono preamp. I've been looking to upgrade my phono pre and integrated for a while, and it seems like you could use the money elsewhere. I imagine it's very very close in quality to the 651p, just the older iteration of it. Honestly, your phono pre should stay on all the time anyway (as long as it's not tubed), so I don't get why they felt the need to add a power switch on it.

But anyways, PM me if you're interested.

If you wanted to save some money, I'd sell you my Cambridge Audio 640p phono preamp. I've been looking to upgrade my phono pre and integrated for a while, and it seems like you could use the money elsewhere. I imagine it's very very close in quality to the 651p, just the older iteration of it. Honestly, your phono pre should stay on all the time anyway (as long as it's not tubed), so I don't get why they felt the need to add a power switch on it.

Yea I read that the power switch was the only difference separating the two. And sending you a PM now!

Why do you want a separate phono preamp when you can get an integrated amp with one built in? Why spend X amount on an integrated and Y amount on a separate phono pre when you could just spend X+Y on an integrated with a phono pre?

Oh, I have no reason. I just wasnt sure the best way to go. Didn't know if I could get better performance out of separate ones. (New to this ha) Could you recommend a few Integrated amps with a phone pre.

Yeah, I've heard that the only difference is the power switch.  You two should totally make a deal ... and then make sweet sweet love until the break of dawn.

If you can swing $450, Marantz PM5004. If not, Cambridge Audio AM10 is $350.

Awesome, I was looking at those as well as the Yamaha mentioned above. Ill shop around and see what I can find. Thanks again for all the help!

And ive seen some of those Marantz in good condition go for around $350 on ebay so I may try to grab one of those.

And finally one more question while I have your attention what bookshelf speakers would you reccommend for this setup in the $150-200 range. again sorry for all the questions.

Why do you need a sub?

This is where it gets awkward. If you have good bookshelves with great porting... you don't need a sub. I run all my audio as 2 channel, with no sub. But I have speakers that have a very good low end. Sadly, neither of the integrated have PRE OUT either, which there is was way to use PRE OUT to run a sub.