UNDER ONE FLAG

In honor of Record Store Day (April 20th) this year, Pirates Press Records, Longshot Music, Contra Records, Randale Records, Oi! The Boat Records, and Rebellion Records have teamed up to launch a year-long, weekly 7" record subscription!

The intention of the UNDER ONE FLAG SINGLES SERIES is to unite Streetpunk and Oi! vinyl collectors worldwide, to celebrate the loyalty of this sub-genre, and to prove how strong we are when we come together as a one team, under one flag! Releasing one 7" record each week and limited to editions of only 350 records per title, this series will kick off on Record Store Day 2013. All records will be housed in a simple 'old school' full color printed paper innersleeve with printed center labels, inserted into a custom-printed shipping envelope.

All six record companies involved are contributing material for between 6-10 weeks. This series aims to highlight great bands that fans of Punk and Oi! will already know, while also introducing the base to new and upcoming bands that are destined to be future favorites of the scene.

The following record stores will be selling a limited number of subscriptions: Subculture for Life (DE), Dirty Mick Records (USA),

TKO Records (USA), KB Records (DE), Skele-Tone Records (USA), Randaleshop (DE), and OiOi The Shop (UK).

Other than those copies and the ones going out to all the bands/labels, THE REMAINING 200 COPIES WILL BE SOLD AS A SUBSCRIPTION ONLY. Subscriptions will be available at PIRATESPRESSRECORDS.COM three weeks before Record Store Day, on April 1st, 2013 at 9am Pacific Standard Time. The year-long subscription costs $150 plus a shipping plan. A shipping plan is required and costs $50-$150, dependent on shipping location and shipping plan.

Many of the records will be exclusive only to this series while others will be limited versions of upcoming or recent releases. You can trust from the labels involved that this will undoubtedly be a year-full of gems!

This makes me think that none of them will be sold individually on PP...

"The following record stores will be selling a limited number of subscriptions: Subculture for Life (DE), Dirty Mick Records (USA),

TKO Records (USA), KB Records (DE), Skele-Tone Records (USA), Randaleshop (DE), and OiOi The Shop (UK).

Other than those copies and the ones going out to all the bands/labels, THE REMAINING 200 COPIES WILL BE SOLD AS A SUBSCRIPTION ONLY. "

Skeptical about several things, mainly that no bands are listed, but also that they can't even ship the Rancid boxes and they're going to ship a 7" a week - fat chance!

note that the "mail guy" is no longer with them. There was soooo many issues in the past few months with customers not receiving their orders, etc... I was emailed by Eric a few weeks ago. Apparently over 40 orders were returned to them with address missing on the package, etc... Apparently they now have a new person / system in place. And yeah, it probably won't be 1x 7" per, as I would think that they will combine a few every couple weeks or month, etc.

Ordered a subscription from Oi the Boat. Glad to not have to deal with pirates press. I'm not worried about not knowing the bands beforehand as I'm pretty excited about hearing new music.

I might be wrong, but I do believe that Pirates Press is pressing and distributing the records. One thing to note too is that they've recently made some changes to their shipping / merch crew and system. Jon is no longer with them (apparently he had issue pressing the "shipped" button....). They also had over 40 orders returned to them with labels issue, etc...so hopefully they got their shit together! I got like 4 emails from them regarding a few orders I placed in the last months to make sure they had arrived, etc...

I might be wrong, but I do believe that Pirates Press is pressing and distributing the records. One thing to note too is that they've recently made some changes to their shipping / merch crew and system. Jon is no longer with them (apparently he had issue pressing the "shipped" button....). They also had over 40 orders returned to them with labels issue, etc...so hopefully they got their shit together! I got like 4 emails from them regarding a few orders I placed in the last months to make sure they had arrived, etc...

Jon was really good about responding to emails, but not so good at following through. I also got an email from Eric (the owner) about letting Jon go and Eric had my package out the next day even though Jon had already marked it as shipped.

Jon was really good about responding to emails, but not so good at following through. I also got an email from Eric (the owner) about letting Jon go and Eric had my package out the next day even though Jon had already marked it as shipped.

yep, pretty much the same here. Eric emailed me about 4 different orders (1 of which I hadn't received since Feb 2nd), so I'm glad they are working their issues out. Jon was great at emails, you are right...but mainly at first (for me). The past few months weren't that great!

They may be better now, and if they have anything exclusive in the future I'll continue to order from them.  But unfortunately my personal bad experiences have led me to buy the same thing from somewhere else if I can. The dudes who run Oi the Boat are fantastic at customer service.  I ordered this morning and already got two personalized emails sent to me with info and updates.

yep, pretty much the same here. Eric emailed me about 4 different orders (1 of which I hadn't received since Feb 2nd), so I'm glad they are working their issues out. Jon was great at emails, you are right...but mainly at first (for me). The past few months weren't that great!

I'd been having issues since November with the Street Dogs 7"s never getting sent out. Finally got those and other stuff that I ordered, but they were supposed to send a poster in December and it never went out....or it did to the wrong address. who knows.

They may be better now, and if they have anything exclusive in the future I'll continue to order from them.  But unfortunately my personal bad experiences have led me to buy the same thing from somewhere else if I can. The dudes who run Oi the Boat are fantastic at customer service.  I ordered this morning and already got two personalized emails sent to me with info and updates.

Same. Exclusive stuff I'll order from them, but I'll get their other stuff through RevHQ

• 1 month later...