PO: Pretty Lights "A Color Map Of The Sun"

It is pricey but I will definitely be picking this one up. I have gotten a TON of free music from this artist (yes I am shamefully one of those people who always says "next time" when I see the donate button next to the free download link) and I do not mind spending the money to support the amazing music that he produces. I wish more of his stuff would get the vinyl treatment!

It is pricey but I will definitely be picking this one up. I have gotten a TON of free music from this artist (yes I am shamefully one of those people who always says "next time" when I see the donate button next to the free download link) and I do not mind spending the money to support the amazing music that he produces. I wish more of his stuff would get the vinyl treatment!

I have contacted "his people" several times. Here is the latest response:

Thanks for reaching out Paul.  Our position hasn't changed since our last

emails.  We won't be licensing the vinyl out to anyone else as we are

doing it ourselves.  As for hiring you to work for PLM, what are your

qualifications?

Respectfully,

Adam

cleardot.gif

Best artist, amazing live show, genuinely good dude, musical Renaissance man. One of my greatest concert experiences was seeing him at Red Rocks last year. He had all six acts on his label open the show. They each played two 15 minute sets so that even if you got there late you could still catch everyone the second time around.

I have been following him closely, but in case you haven't, he is using only original samples all pressed to vinyl and then combined to make this album. Every sound in the entire album was made specifically for this album. This is a gigantic step forward for electronic music and should help shut up the naysayers. He is also plays multiple instruments himself on this record.

Also, due to having work early today I couldn't stay up to watch the coachella stream, but according to PL he was going to drop a bunch of the tracks off the new album there.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Got an email saying this would be available again on Tuesday, if anyone else is looking for it. I know I waited too long and missed out. This one should be less expensive though, here's what the email said:

"While the super deluxe ACMOTS vinyl is gone, the LPs are now re-printed on 180 gram wax in a classic Gatefold jacket. These double LPs will be available in the online PL Store Oct. 8th, at the PL merch booth on all headlining fall tour dates, and in select record shops."

Also, here's a link to a video of him playing with the live band:

http://youtu.be/M6ZNu-bLMFI

it's gonna be awesome, wish the fall tour was coming anywhere near me

Whoa, that's way steep.  Weird, its not like DVS is typically a greedy person haha

Yeah, I tweeted him to see if maybe media mail could be offered, but I doubt anything will happen from it haha

Wait til Amazon

I don't think that Amazon is going to get it. It says: "These double LPs will be available in the online PL Store Oct. 8th, at the PL merch booth on all headlining fall tour dates, and in select record shops."

Contacted my local record store, he said he could get it for me no problem from his distributor. He charged $22 for it, but it's still way better than that $12 shipping. So if you're looking to buy this, see if your record store can get it (and if needed, ship it to you), it'll be cheaper.