Opinions on Bose 301s?

Thinking of Grabbing a pair of these. A mate who works for Bose can do a better price than Retail.

I have been doing my research into them and they don't seem to have an outstanding name. Keeping in mind i am not a crazy audiophile and need some other upgrades, the price is alright, don't mind throwing a bit of cash towards speakers and im after something that is compact but has some balls. 

My other thoughts were KRK Rokit 6's, but dont know if im super keen on monitors, given they will bring out any imperfections with vinyl and are more built for the studio and producing. I have however read much better things about the KRK's being used then the 301's and am open to exploring these.......picking a pair up second hand also may be the go

Currently running a Debut Carbon and an Okay Technics Amp/Speaker set up.

any help would be appreciated

cheers

Thinking of Grabbing a pair of these. A mate who works for Bose can do a better price than Retail.

I have been doing my research into them and they don't seem to have an outstanding name. Keeping in mind i am not a crazy audiophile and need some other upgrades, the price is alright, don't mind throwing a bit of cash towards speakers and im after something that is compact but has some balls

My other thoughts were KRK Rokit 6's, but dont know if im super keen on monitors, given they will bring out any imperfections with vinyl and are more built for the studio and producing. I have however read much better things about the KRK's being used then the 301's and am open to exploring these.......picking a pair up second hand also may be the go

Currently running a Debut Carbon and an Okay Technics Amp/Speaker set up.

any help would be appreciated

cheers

First bolded statement: We already new this when you asked about Bose. You don't have to be a "crazy audiophile" to buy something of quality.

Second: These speakers definitely LACK balls. have you ever heard them? My experience is that they have clear highs and good detail compared with other bookshelves in the same price range, but they lack body and fullness. 

Third: I wouldn't worry about the differences "monitors" and "speakers" will have on your vinyl at this level.