PO: The 1975

• 4 weeks later...

FYI according to the email i got from Dirty Hit Records about this, the "coloured" 2xLP UK variant will be 180g transparent vinyl.  FWIW, the email links to amazon.co.uk for the vinyl preorder.

Not sure if ordering from the band's UK website will be any colour variant other than the clear, or what.  

FYI according to the email i got from Dirty Hit Records about this, the "coloured" 2xLP UK variant will be 180g transparent vinyl.  FWIW, the email links to amazon.co.uk for the vinyl preorder.

Not sure if ordering from the band's UK website will be any colour variant other than the clear, or what.  

Almost sure it's the same. Good to know, thanks dude.

Kind of want to still listen to the record before I order even though I know half the songs on the record (maybe a little more) and they're all fantastic. For 30 bucks I want to be sure. 

That's the one with just the singles on it and not the actual EP, right?

the UK version has 3 new songs along with the rerecorded version of "the city". in the US though you're right - IV was just the previously released singles (except the rerecorded version of "the city") plus "Me" and "You" (also previously released songs)

• 2 weeks later...

how confident are we that the variant being sold on the band's UK site is the same one that will be available on amazon.co.uk?  If it seems like they will be the same i'd rather get it faster for less coin shipped to the US and cancel my order with the band's site... I was hoping for something a bit more colorful than clear but at this point it seems like that may be it.

anyone have any insider info?

how confident are we that the variant being sold on the band's UK site is the same one that will be available on amazon.co.uk?  If it seems like they will be the same i'd rather get it faster for less coin shipped to the US and cancel my order with the band's site... I was hoping for something a bit more colorful than clear but at this point it seems like that may be it.

anyone have any insider info?

Almost sure. There's a UK release and a US release. Based on the label situation I'm almost sure it's a one variant release per label. So the UK one should be the same. 

Where do you know it's clear?

Pretty brilliant to put 4 songs on each vinyl side.  The full record is about 51 minutes in length, which is def too long for 1 vinyl disc.  I actually only realized this when I started reading through this thread.  Thanks!

FYI, they just released the album as a free SoundCloud stream in advance of the release.  Listen here:

http://zumic.com/music-videos/1975-1975-free-album-stream/

she way out doesn't really do anything for me, kinda boring musically I think and the vocals just stay in a box throughout. but besides that song and money, this album is so so killer. heart out/settle down/robbers is such a sick part of the record. also compared to the live version from Berlin, settle down on the album is a huge improvement from a production standpoint.

anyway this will be on repeat for the next 2 mos. can't wait for that wax.

Funny, since I've seen Settle Down live twice and I prefer the live version.

I def love it live too. I guess what I meant is the album version had a few more surprises compared to the album versions of the other songs on that live from Berlin set. the echoed vocal line on "bout you" and the vocal melody in general (low vs high octaves) at times were different.

</nerdout>