VC "Greater Than Collective" Fantasy Football Thread

my team

QB - Luck

RB - McCoy, CJ2K, Eddie Lacy, McFadden, Ryan Matthews, Bryce Brown

WR - Fitz, Torrey Smith, Welker, Ty Hilton

TE - Finley, Sudfeld

DEF - Baltimore

K - Janikowski

i think i am a definite contender and felt like i hit the lottery several times throughout the draft. i got crazy deep rbs, 5 starting rbs and one solid number 1 and number 2 rb in those 5. i also handcuffed mccoy in the 11th with bryce brown who has shown he can put up huge numbers if mccoy goes down again. mcfadden in the 6th and ryan matthews in the 8th were the right price for those guys and being able to wait til the 9th for a qb that had 4,000+ yards and a total of 28 tds as a rookie is amazing, especially with an improved offensive line. once the tier 2 te's were gone, i was able to wait to the 12th to get the TE i wanted (who i think is going to have a really good year then in the 13th i got zudfeld who could be the next big TE. baltimores new young defense has been looking great and i got good ol janikowski. not super thrilled about my wide receiver line up, but it is still really good nonetheless. just wish i didn't draft lacy and got a better number wide receiver when i drafted rb lacy.

A-

suck it.

I'd consider being worried about those WR a "good problem".

my team

QB - Luck

TE - Finley, Sudfeld

DEF - Baltimore

K - Janikowski

i think i am a definite contender and felt like i hit the lottery several times throughout the draft. i got crazy deep rbs, 5 starting rbs and one solid number 1 and number 2 rb in those 5. i also handcuffed mccoy in the 11th with bryce brown who has shown he can put up huge numbers if mccoy goes down again. mcfadden in the 6th and ryan matthews in the 8th were the right price for those guys and being able to wait til the 9th for a qb that had 4,000+ yards and a total of 28 tds as a rookie is amazing, especially with an improved offensive line. once the tier 2 te's were gone, i was able to wait to the 12th to get the TE i wanted (who i think is going to have a really good year then in the 13th i got zudfeld who could be the next big TE. baltimores new young defense has been looking great and i got good ol janikowski. not super thrilled about my wide receiver line up, but it is still really good nonetheless. just wish i didn't draft lacy and got a better number wide receiver when i drafted rb lacy.

A-

suck it.

I didn't realize that you had that many starting RBs. Although, DMC will most likely not make it the whole season. I would have avoided him and picked up a better WR. Lacy should have a pretty good year.

I didn't realize that you had that many starting RBs. Although, DMC will most likely not make it the whole season. I would have avoided him and picked up a better WR. Lacy should have a pretty good year.

i think i was just too high on lacy, 4th round when i could of gotten in the early 5th and got a better wr in the 4th instead of getting torrey in the 5th. although smith is definitely not just a downfield threat anymore.  hes making his game more versatile. 

i think i was just too high on lacy, 4th round when i could of gotten in the early 5th and got a better wr in the 4th instead of getting torrey in the 5th. although smith is definitely not just a downfield threat anymore.  hes making his game more versatile. 

if you dont want lacy send me a trade offer

my team

QB - Luck

TE - Finley, Sudfeld

DEF - Baltimore

K - Janikowski

i think i am a definite contender and felt like i hit the lottery several times throughout the draft.  i got crazy deep rbs, 5 starting rbs and one solid number 1 and number 2 rb in those 5.  i also handcuffed mccoy in the 11th with bryce brown who has shown he can put up huge numbers if mccoy goes down again.  mcfadden in the 6th and ryan matthews in the 8th were the right price for those guys and being able to wait til the 9th for a qb that had 4,000+ yards and a total of 28 tds as a rookie is amazing, especially with an improved offensive line.  once the tier 2 te's were gone, i was able to wait to the 12th to get the TE i wanted (who i think is going to have a really good year then in the 13th i got zudfeld who could be the next big TE. baltimores new young defense has been looking great and i got good ol janikowski.  not super thrilled about my wide receiver line up, but it is still really good nonetheless.  just wish i didn't draft lacy and got a better number wide receiver when i drafted rb lacy.

A-

suck it.

You're going to want to do  something about Luck.  He and the Colts had an incredibly lucky (no pun intended) season last year.  I expect a big drop-off in production this year.

I'd definitely trade Lacey to Mike T.  Ryan Matthews was the bane of my existence last season, he's always either injured or sucking.

Really solid receiving core.  At TE, Finley is really going to have to prove himself again.  With the crazy number of targets Rogers has, I just don't see Finley getting tons of action unless he really steps up.

BURN---

QB - RG3

RB - Foster, Gore, Lamar Miller, Bradshaw, Hillman

WR - AJ Green, Bowe, Garcon, Givens, Thompkins, Jeffery

TE - Olsen

DEF - Chicago

K - Hauschka

you have my favorite team. rg3 is a fantasy beast and if health can post 25+ point games every week.  your running back situation is great, 2 top starting rbs and a rookie rb to play in the flex.  after that you have good bye week rbs to put in with bradshaw and hillman.  at wr you have 2 top wide outs and then garcon and givens to fill your bye weeks. chicagos d is always strong.

A+

As a Baylor fan, I really really hope RG3 stays healthy and has a good year.  I have a feeling they're going to keep him from running as much this season though.  And he doesn't really have a great group of receivers to throw too, but I'm sure he'll make it work.

RB looks really good.  Miller could be this year's Doug Martin/Alfred Morris.

Green, Bowe (now that there is someone to throw to him), and Garcon is a really good receiving core.

Chicago D I think is going to take a huge step back this year.  The number of takeaways and touch downs they had last year was unheard of and I just don't think it can be replicated.  Especially when Lovie and Urlacher are gone now, since those guys were the defensive heart of the team.  Tillman is still going to make big plays though.

Password is Taco

QB - Brady, Dalton

RB - AP, Steven Jackson, Fred Jackson, Johnathan Franklin, Leveon Bell

WR - Brandon Marshall, Colston, James Jones, Mike Wallace, Sidney Rice

TE - Zach Miller

DEF - Dawson

K - Seattle

Second best draft.  you got tom brady who is no scrub, adrian peterson all day and the steven jackson who matthew berry says will lead the league in rushing tds.  you got 3 wide receivers who you could start at any given moment and are able to play match ups.  you found a sleeper in zack miller and the freaking seattle seahawks defense.  i think you could of found one more starting rb by not pulling as many wideouts and already realized your mistake of picking up bell by dropping him for redman. 

A-

I think you've got the best team hands down.  Brady is going to be the most consistent QB like always and Dalton is a good backup.

AP and Jackson are a crazy good 1-2 punch at RB.

You're somehow crazy stacked at WR too.  Marshall is going to have another career year.  Colston and Jones will probably score the most TDs on their team, but their QBs have so much to choose from it's hard to tell.  Mike Wallace and Rice are also great #2 receivers on their teams.

TE is the only position that subpar, but I doubt you'll even notice.

And how the fuck did you get Seattle D too? I don't think they'll match their #s from last year.  But they'll still be really good.

ANUS

QB: Kaepernick

WR: D. Thomas, Nicks, Steve Smith, Austin, Moore

RB: Charles, Forte, Bush, Ingram, Ivory

TE: Witten, Cameron

DEF: Arizona

K: Walsh

Here is my not so educated evaluation. 

3 great RB's, Average WR, I wanted Cameron jerk, Kaep should have a good year, Arizona should be good this year, but not what everyone thinks they will. B+

ANUS

Here is my not so educated evaluation. 

3 great RB's, Average WR, I wanted Cameron jerk, Kaep should have a good year, Arizona should be good this year, but not what everyone thinks they will. B+

Average based on?? Yahoo rankings (obviously not the end all, just a point of reference) has Thomas the #5 receiver, Nicks #18. Steve Smith has averaged 1,250 and 5 td's in 2 seasons with Newton. Austin and Moore both had 1,000 yards last season.

Buy Kaepernick, trust me.

I feel like a tool I think being the only one debating their evaluation! We'll see how it goes, but I feel very good.

You shouldn't feel like a tool. I think DT will have a great year. Will he see 10 TD's? I don't think so. Nicks is nice, but is a little dinged up. Smith could have a good year. Moore is on a team with a lot of targets being given to Colston and Graham. Dez is going to take some targets away from Austin too. I'm not saying that they are bad. Thomas will share some targets this year, so I don't know if he will be the #1 WR in Denver plus Decker is more targeted in the Red Zone. Cruz is WR1 for Giants. Smith has that WR1 spot down. Austin and Moore are both 2's. That is all I'm basing it off of. Sorry if I made you feel like you had to justify your picks. And again this is my very uneducated evaluation. I guess we will see how things turn out this season.

Average based on?? Yahoo rankings (obviously not the end all, just a point of reference) has Thomas the #5 receiver, Nicks #18. Steve Smith has averaged 1,250 and 5 td's in 2 seasons with Newton. Austin and Moore both had 1,000 yards last season.

Buy Kaepernick, trust me.

I feel like a tool I think being the only one debating their evaluation! We'll see how it goes, but I feel very good.

well i couldnt really debate my analysis because my RB draft WAS bad, but I think my waiver pickups could be good, and since Foster wont be getting 30+ touches in week 1 or possibly 2, Tate was a smart pickup for me.  

I think your WR core is pretty solid.

teams have had all summer to watch film and tape on kaepernick, defenses will be ready for this mobility, so we'll see how it goes for him.  he was so good last year because he was relatively unknown in terms of film to study, caught teams off guard, and its not a knock on his talent, I just think he'll have a more difficult time this season

What you said on Kapernick makes sense as kind of a blanket evaluation. But I just think his talent supersedes that. Hell you've got Ron Jaworski coming out saying Kaepernick could be the best QB ever. So I think the odds of him at least very good-great are pretty high. Especially for fantasy when his running will help all the more.

What you said on Kapernick makes sense as kind of a blanket evaluation. But I just think his talent supersedes that. Hell you've got Ron Jaworski coming out saying Kaepernick could be the best QB ever. So I think the odds of him at least very good-great are pretty high. Especially for fantasy when his running will help all the more.

thats the most insane thing ever said based on 6 GAMES.  6 games cannot be compared to 15+ YEARS that Montana, Marino, Young, Favre and the skills and talent current QB's like Petyon Manning and Tom Brady have sustained for YEARS. 

i'm buying. another stellar team.  thomas is going to have a great year and nicks should have one hell of a comeback.  at rb, you are solid and handcuffed forte with bush.  witten is always good and cameron could have a breakout year.  kaep could be the next big fantasy thing using his arms and legs.  

B++