VC "Greater Than Collective" Fantasy Football Thread

I was looking forward to your guys' feeble attempts at justifying me not being the clear #1

my feeble attempt will be the 13 weeks of havoc that i bestow upon this sorry excuse for a league.

Corresponding with a solid draft slot (fourth overall), ANUSTART had a stellar showing. With a mark of 11-3-0 (1,471 points), they're projected to finish first in Greater Than Collective League. ANUSTART loaded up on ballcarriers early, using three of their first five picks to scoop up RBs Jamaal Charles (first round), Matt Forte (second round), and Reggie Bush (fourth round). In conjunction with that drafting strategy, they ended up with the best set of RBs in the league.

First 4 a day of four....HERP A DERP

QB - Rodgers

RB - Ben Tate, Dwyer, Helu, Greene

WR - Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Andre Johnson, Tavon Austin, Danario Alexnder, Percy Harvin

TE - Tony Gonzalez

DEF - SF, Denver

K - Matt Bryant

HERP, you have the top rate qb and you have crazy good wide receivers, minus the ones that aren't playing this season. You also have one of the bed tight ends to play the game and one of the best defenses. However your team still blows because you don't have one starting running back. If foster, Morris, or Johnson go down or more than one of them early in the season you have a chance to win it all. If they don't, you finish the season with donuts for wins, zero. Suck for luck. Go newsroom.

On Herp:

First thing that sticks out is that both of your Ds have the same bye week, so if you plan on keeping two around the whole season you're probably going to want to trade one of them for one of equivalent status.  Or have 3 D's one week.

Solid starting receiving core, even if your bench contains a couple guys out for the season.

Running back is sparse to put it kindly.  I'd honestly start fishing for RB1 with Calvin Johnson and see what you can get.  Either that, or you're gonna have to be sharp on the waiver wire/trades and try and find this years Alfred Morris or Doug Martin.

First 4 a day of four....HERP A DERP

QB - Rodgers

RB - Ben Tate, Dwyer, Helu, Greene

WR - Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Andre Johnson, Tavon Austin, Danario Alexnder, Percy Harvin

TE - Tony Gonzalez

DEF - SF, Denver

K - Matt Bryant

HERP, you have the top rate qb and you have crazy good wide receivers, minus the ones that aren't playing this season. You also have one of the bed tight ends to play the game and one of the best defenses. However your team still blows because you don't have one starting running back. If foster, Morris, or Johnson go down or more than one of them early in the season you have a chance to win it all. If they don't, you finish the season with donuts for wins, zero. Suck for luck. Go newsroom.

good thing I dropped harvin and Alexander and picked up Knowshon Moraneo and Shonn Green and picked up Malcom Floyd too

BURN---

QB - RG3

RB - Foster, Gore, Lamar Miller, Bradshaw, Hillman

WR - AJ Green, Bowe, Garcon, Givens, Thompkins, Jeffery

TE - Olsen

DEF - Chicago

K - Hauschka

you have my favorite team. rg3 is a fantasy beast and if health can post 25+ point games every week.  your running back situation is great, 2 top starting rbs and a rookie rb to play in the flex.  after that you have good bye week rbs to put in with bradshaw and hillman.  at wr you have 2 top wide outs and then garcon and givens to fill your bye weeks. chicagos d is always strong.

A+

Password is Taco

QB - Brady, Dalton

RB - AP, Steven Jackson, Fred Jackson, Johnathan Franklin, Leveon Bell

WR - Brandon Marshall, Colston, James Jones, Mike Wallace, Sidney Rice

TE - Zach Miller

DEF - Dawson

K - Seattle

Second best draft.  you got tom brady who is no scrub, adrian peterson all day and the steven jackson who matthew berry says will lead the league in rushing tds.  you got 3 wide receivers who you could start at any given moment and are able to play match ups.  you found a sleeper in zack miller and the freaking seattle seahawks defense.  i think you could of found one more starting rb by not pulling as many wideouts and already realized your mistake of picking up bell by dropping him for redman. 

A-

Password is Taco

QB - Brady, Dalton

RB - AP, Steven Jackson, Fred Jackson, Johnathan Franklin, Leveon Bell

WR - Brandon Marshall, Colston, James Jones, Mike Wallace, Sidney Rice

TE - Zach Miller

DEF - Dawson

K - Seattle

Second best draft.  you got tom brady who is no scrub, adrian peterson all day and the steven jackson who matthew berry says will lead the league in rushing tds.  you got 3 wide receivers who you could start at any given moment and are able to play match ups.  you found a sleeper in zack miller and the freaking seattle seahawks defense.  i think you could of found one more starting rb by not pulling as many wideouts and already realized your mistake of picking up bell by dropping him for redman. 

A-

I'll take that bet.

Actually have a Falcons fan 1.5:1 on a wager than Jackson wont finish in the top 5 in fantasy points for RB's

BURN---

QB - RG3

RB - Foster, Gore, Lamar Miller, Bradshaw, Hillman

WR - AJ Green, Bowe, Garcon, Givens, Thompkins, Jeffery

TE - Olsen

DEF - Chicago

K - Hauschka

you have my favorite team. rg3 is a fantasy beast and if health can post 25+ point games every week.  your running back situation is great, 2 top starting rbs and a rookie rb to play in the flex.  after that you have good bye week rbs to put in with bradshaw and hillman.  at wr you have 2 top wide outs and then garcon and givens to fill your bye weeks. chicagos d is always strong.

A+

Thanks. As long as Foster stays healthy I'm happy.

I'll take that bet.

Actually have a Falcons fan 1.5:1 on a wager than Jackson wont finish in the top 5 in fantasy points for RB's

Agree. Steven Jackson is overrated. He's only been a top 10 player what, once in his career ('06)? His yards per carry haven't been great, he doesn't score a lot of touchdowns, and he's in his 9th season, which is really getting up there for a running back. I'll give him that he is reliable -- 1000 yards rushing a year, 300 yards receiving, maybe 6 tds. People hype the shit out of players who change teams. Not always a positive, though, even when the new team is a better all around offense. 

He'd have to fall to the 3rd-4th round for me to draft him.

my team

QB - Luck

RB - McCoy, CJ2K, Eddie Lacy, McFadden, Ryan Matthews, Bryce Brown

WR - Fitz, Torrey Smith, Welker, Ty Hilton

TE - Finley, Sudfeld

DEF - Baltimore

K - Janikowski

i think i am a definite contender and felt like i hit the lottery several times throughout the draft.  i got crazy deep rbs, 5 starting rbs and one solid number 1 and number 2 rb in those 5.  i also handcuffed mccoy in the 11th with bryce brown who has shown he can put up huge numbers if mccoy goes down again.  mcfadden in the 6th and ryan matthews in the 8th were the right price for those guys and being able to wait til the 9th for a qb that had 4,000+ yards and a total of 28 tds as a rookie is amazing, especially with an improved offensive line.  once the tier 2 te's were gone, i was able to wait to the 12th to get the TE i wanted (who i think is going to have a really good year then in the 13th i got zudfeld who could be the next big TE. baltimores new young defense has been looking great and i got good ol janikowski.  not super thrilled about my wide receiver line up, but it is still really good nonetheless.  just wish i didn't draft lacy and got a better number wide receiver when i drafted rb lacy.

A-

suck it.