Official Cancer Patient/Survivor/Care Giver Support Thread

Fuck Cancer. My 4 yr old daughter has been battling brain cancer for 18 months. Had 6 surgeries. One rd chemo. A rd of radiation. Started another rd of chemo before she acquired an infection. The infection was bad and almost killed her. They sent us home on hospice. They gave her days. That was six weeks ago. She's getting better each day! She's is truly a real life superhero and I'm honored to be her father. Cancer is a mother fucker and no one should have to go through that shit. I feel your pain Big Seth. Hope all goes well with your scan. Stay Strong. Keep your head up and fight! Never give up! Positive vibes coming your way!

Respect to the optimism from everyone in here. Glad your girl is getting better, does she like getting mail? Would love to send stickers or toys or anything that might put a smile on her face!

If you want to keep it private, I get it, but PM me if VC can do anything to brighten a day. You too BigSeth.

You guys don't have to do anything. Prayers for her are nice. Her name is Mila. One positive thing I got out of this is how amazing ppl really are. Our family friends and community have really helped us. We are so grateful for all the good in the world. She has a scan coming up as well. My wife and I got scanxiety. It's already came back two times in 18 months. But this time is different because they can't do anything. No surgery...no chemo...nothing. That infection killed parts of her skull and dura which is a tough membrane that protects her brain. Part of her skull has been removed. It gonna take along time to heal from the infections damage. So no chemo till it's fully healed. The problem is three tumors appeared 9 wks after the first rd of chemo. Her tumor is rare and super aggressive. 2 or 3 per million. She's fought off the infection with the odds against her but if the cancer comes back again...not sure if anything can be done. Her little body has been through so much in a short time. The docs feel that anything at this point would be too much for her to handle. We just need this cancer to be gone once and for all!

God, that's awful. When I was diagnosed I was admitted into pediatric care. It tore me up seeing little innocent kids suffer and go through this stuff. They were also an inspiration. You're daughter is an inspiration and a hero. It's children like her that give me motivation to get up and keep fighting every day. You should be VERY proud.

Update on my end. PET scan didn't look good. Lymph node lit up pretty hot. Only way to really figure out for sure is another biopsy so that's the next step. This surgery won't be quite as invasive so no ICU time which is nice. Doctors say they are 80% sure it's back, but I'm still holding out hope. Even if it is, I'm ready to fight!