Please Help Identify This Cartridge

I bought a turntable recently, a Philips 312. The cartridge it came with is a folding style by Audio Technica. I have found a simple gif image of a comparable unit, but I'm not sure of it's model. My goal is to replace the current cartridge with something like the AT95e or another one you would recommend. So, a) what is it and B) what cartridge should I replace it with? Thanks dudes and dudettes!

Dane

cartridge_pmount.gif

EDIT: I understand very basic concepts regarding cartridges. As such, I believe I understand I can replace this style with another P-mount. Carry on.

What the balls is a folding-style cartridge?

Those Philips 312s are nice, under-the-radar sleeper tables ... an entry-level alternative to the AR-XA and sometimes known as the "poor man's Thorens."

The issue that people seem to run into is with the touch-sensitive controls.  I believe that there's actually a guy on eBay who sells repair kits will all the necessary parts to fix that stuff though.

Anyway, I'm almost positive that the 312 accepts standard 1/2" mount cartridges.  As such, the AT95e would work.  I'd also consider the Shure m97xe or something in the Grado Prestige line.

I've identified the cartridge. It's an AT221EP. From my limited research, it's a pretty stellar cart and should do me very well. So, I spent a while setting everything up from scratch again today and OMG, the sound is incredible! I must've had my weights grossly mis set.

And regarding my 312, thankfully all my touch controls work flawlessly. The gentleman before me took great care of this beauty.

Another note about the Philips turntable: the on/off switch is known to fail and is hard to fix. Lots of info at audiokarma about options if it fails. If yours is working, I would just leave it in the on position and use your switched outlet on your receiver/amp.

That's great info. Thanks!