high on fire = amazingly badass live

Nah, they're just as boring on record. I think homeboy has smoked so much weed/snorted so much coke that he got mixed up and accidentally named his old (and far better) band Sleep.

Don't you mean, you listened to them on record and "it wasn't your thing" or "you just didn't feel it".

I personally like High on Fire. They are hit or miss live, personally... out of the 5 times i've seen them, only 2 times they have completely rocked balls. the other times looked like they were just going through the motions.

If you want a snooze fest watch ERIC BACHMANN do a solo gig.

recipe for a high on fire song:

baking your first high on fire song is easy! just follow these short instructions:

1. take one chord, strum 4 times

2. move 2 frets, strum 4 times

3. move 6 frets, strum 4 times

4. move 2 frets, strum 4 times

5. repeat 32 times

6. "shred" solo with no actual dexterity

7. repeat first riff 64 times

now that your first one is done, writing another is easy! just repeat those 7 easy steps and you're in business. and once you've written 10 of them, you can put out your own high on fire record! anyone can do it!

p.s. it helps if you're missing a few teeth.

best metal band around right now. period.

and since we're talking about bands Ronnie likes that suck ass, let's not forget Botch and Coalesce.

ok i can understand the Coalesce bit, they take a long time to figure out...but hatin on Botch...wow.

Yeah, it's not like I'm a huge Coalesce fan or anything anyway. But saying Botch sucks and calling High On Fire in the same post....jesus christ, get real.