Death Cab Daytrotter Session

Guest scriptedrain

Guest scriptedrain

Straight from Daytrotter:

"Big news to report today.On Wednesday, we recorded a 7-song Daytrotter session with Death Cab For Cutie that we're extremely excited to bring you. You won't have to wait long either. The session -- featuring the exclusive, worldwide debut of three songs from the band's upcoming full-length album "Narrow Stairs" and four old numbers -- will post on the site sometime in the next two weeks. We'll keep you slightly in suspense because things are better that way, dear listeners and readers. It's a phenomenal set of songs and we're happy to bring them to you soon."

SEVEN songs!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scriptedrain

No problem!

There's also a live set out there from the other night that has a few of the new songs. The sound quality is what it is, but if anyone is interested in hearing live versions of "Narrow Stairs" tracks, the download is here.

Sean said the following, on why there's 6 songs instead of 7:

"...their record label, at the last minute, said that they only wanted two new songs to be posted..."

Guest scriptedrain
it actually looks like the third song is missing, judging by the tracklist when imported into iTunes.

All (?) of the Daytrotter Sessions have that. I don't know why, but they always have and people have commented about in other sessions' comments sections.

Guest scriptedrain
effin weird.

I got an e-mail from Sean in reference to this:

"jeff -- hey, I read your post about the session and about there always being a missing track in sessions. We do get asked that a lot. the reason for it is because it lists the tag -- the "Hey, this is ???, Welcome to Daytrotter" track as a track in the session. We haven't been hoarding songs or anything! Ha. No one should feel shortchanged."

:)

Guest scriptedrain

Sorry, this is the last bump from me, but I had to share this. The top 5 downloads in Daytrotter's history (keep in mind, the Death Cab session went up YESTERDAY).

1. Death Cab for Cutie - A Movie Script Ending (134,228 downloads)

2. Death Cab for Cutie - The New Year (101,637 downloads)

3. Death Cab for Cutie - Styrofoam Plates (100,902 downloads)

4. Death Cab for Cutie - Cath (100,639 downloads)

5. The National - Gospel (31,896 downloads)