Complete new system advice

I read the beginners thread on audio equipment. 

I am looking into replacing my old panasonic all in one player (tape, record, and AM/FM with mixer) from the late 80's or so. 

I have started with a sonos system and I would like to continue with that. What I am thinking about buying is the following. Let me know if I am making any mistakes or if something won't work right. 

I have looked into getting a nicer table and also getting a seperate pre-amp, but I like the automatic feature of this turn table. I am pretty lazy and with having a young family I get distracted and would hate for me to leave a record on too long and the needle hit the paper inner. I chose what I think are fairly nice speakers because for the most part this system will only use the turn table about a fourth of the time so if the TT is the weak link in the system that is fine. 

My main concerns are if there is a better TT for my application or if my speakers will not be matched to the connect amp very well.

Amp description says: 

Amplifier

Class-D. Rated output 110W RMS (2x55W continuous average power into 8 ohms, THD+N<0.02%) with both channels driven, 22Hz-20KHZ-AES17 measurement bandwidth

The only thing that I am set on is that it be able to play music through my sonos system and if it is done so with a connect instead of a connect:amp let me know if I can do so with about the same price. This comes out to about $1200

TT - Denon DP300F http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FMNBXG/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=19H60U4O1JAOV&coliid=I1J9UMTTSKWUQC

Speakers - Wharfedale 10.1 http://www.amazon.com/Wharfedale-DIA101-ROS-WHARFEDALE-DIAMOND-ROSEWOOD/dp/B0079XG4TW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388342268&sr=8-1&keywords=wharfedale+10.1

Amp - Sonos Connect Amp http://www.amazon.com/SONOS-CONNECT-Streaming-Amplifier-ZonePlayer120/dp/B001CROHU4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1388342581&sr=1-1&keywords=sonos+connect+amp

I love Sonos but the system is really designed for digital music, not analog. I've heard every Sonos speaker but never with a turntable as a source, so I can't tell you how it will sound. I'm sure it will sound nice and far better than a lot of set ups out there, but I just don't know if I can say it's ideal for listening to analog music, if that's your main priority.

As for your set up, it will work, but you still need a separate phono pre amp since the Sonos Connect Amp doesn't have one built in.

If you need an automatic table and if records aren't your primary source for listening to music, the Denon will be fine.

Those speakers are very power hungry though, I'm not sure that a Sonos amp would be the best fit. What does the sonos offer over standard integrated amps that you decided to go with it?

If you need an automatic table and if records aren't your primary source for listening to music, the Denon will be fine.

Those speakers are very power hungry though, I'm not sure that a Sonos amp would be the best fit. What does the sonos offer over standard integrated amps that you decided to go with it?

I think he already owns the Sonos. 

I would agree.  You probably want to stick with a speaker that is 89 db or higher sensitivity with 55 watt per channel solid state amp. 

Yea, I have already started with the tv/media room and kitchen. So I can play audio from the home theater to the kitchen as well as I can hook up an audio device in the kitchen (play 5) and listen to it on the home theater as well. Play music throughout the whole house and it be the same source or up to 32 possible sources. I already have a NAS with all of my music on it that is a source, the home theater as a source, pandora as a source, amazon mp3 as a source, tune in radio as a source. It is a highly functional system. Eventually I plan to have the whole house set up. 

The next step is to do a decent audio setup in the office, and then do an outdoor setup with another connect amp and outdoor speakers by the pool outside. All of this is controllable through a smartphone or tablet. A neat feature is you can set it up so that when a local source starts playing music that it plays to a set of speakers. In other words, turn on the record player and put on a record and it plays music without having to select the source input in the app. 

For me the versatility is more important than the audio quality. 

This is what I have now. So, it won't take too much to impress me. I listen and collect records for the fun factor more than the audiophile perspective over digital music. 

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzI3WDcwMA==/z/G0MAAOxyyF5RR8a3/$T2eC16h,!wsE9suw0QRuBRR8,3Ugug~~60_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Another option would be to use a sonos connect and an integrated amplifier and a TT without a preamp, but the price difference between a connect and a connet:amp is $150, and I don't think an integrated amp for around $150 is reasonable, and I don't want to go too much over $1200. I have read good things about the Denon for what it is and the price that it is. 

Thanks for the input yanquiuxo. I do not really understand your point with it not sounding good with an analog source other than it will make it sound digitized and probably less warm. I doubt I would be able to pick that up. I know that the sonos:connect doesn't have a preamp, and that was why I was looking at the denon since it has a built in one and the reason why I am pretty set on it. I am also more interested in the automatic function over a turntable that isn't automatic, one I have to change belts around if I want to change speeds, and doesn't have a pre-amp for something that may only have marginal sound improvement (to my ears). Keep in mind, that to me, my current panasonic system sounds pretty good. 

As you can tell, I am pretty set on the TT, and the sonos:connect. If you guys do not think that the wharfedales are a good match, then please recommend a set of speakers that would be a good match. I am pretty ignorant when it comes to a lot of this stuff, as well as what speakers would be a good match for the rest of the system. I just picked the wharfedales based on the high praise. 

In short, I like to listen to records, but I don't have the time quite to do it right or to really enjoy my records that I have and instead of spending money on having a really nice record player system, I would rather do a whole home audio system. 

• 2 weeks later...