Dream Theater "Awake" and "Falling into Infinity" Pre-Order Now ETR

So what's the verdict on the Brookvale Awake? A must buy??

I would, the press turned out good imo. I don't have the MOV to compare, but I'm sure they will be similar. I have images and words on MOV, and metropolis part 2 and awake from ETR and honestly all three sound great (some surface noise on the start of side 3 on met. but that's about the only flaw). I'd be curious to see how the MOV turned out, but I'd say go for the u.s. press. If it makes any difference to you, the color version of awake is one of the coolest looking records I own.

• 1 month later...

I finally got my copy of Awake from ETR. As someone else mentioned regarding the Images and Words artwork, the same is true here. It looks like a blow-up of the artwork made for the CD. I see this happening with a lot with vinyl re-issues from someone other than the original company. Is it that the artwork does not exist in higher quality or that better artwork is not licensed out? You would think if a good source for the music is provided, the artwork is too. I also do not care of paper inner sleves. As a result, there was a lot of debris I had to clean up first. Oh, and I somehow thought this was going to be 180g vinyl, but nope.

Onto the good news-- this sure the heck is a mastered-for-vinyl release and it is free of surface noise (at least my copy is). Very well done!